“They go above and beyond!”

Blue Sea Beach Hotel
Ranked #27 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I stayed at the Blue Sea Beach Hotel for a few days vacation by the beach.
The hotel is in an amazing location, steps from the beach. My room was overlooking the pool and had an ocean view. The room was roomy and well equipped with a VERY comfortable bed.
What makes it stand out from the rest is the excellent service, from check in to housekeeping, it couldn't be faulted.
When I was stupid enough to leave some belongings in my room after check-out they could not have been more helpful in ensuring the items got back to me.
Thank you for a fabulous stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank geegine
There are newer reviews for Blue Sea Beach Hotel

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Traveling from Philadelphia, I was unfamiliar with any San Diego hotels and had no idea what would be awaiting me when I got to the hotel. The hotel more than met my expectations. The location was great, right on the beach. It was in walking distance of many places to eat and shop. The rooms were clean, as was the whole hotel, the people who worked there were nice and accomodating, and the beds were so so comfortable. Another patron mentioned that he had a problem with his reservation being canceled. I booked a room on the hotel's website, but when I called about something else, they said there was no record of my reservation. I had to reserve the room again, but they honored the price that was on the website, which was less than the rate I was given from the person on the phone. I would suggest verifying a reservation if you reserve a room through the website. Overall, I absolutely loved this hotel and would return again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: I would suggest asking for a room that faced the beach or the center area where the pool is instead...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Eileen M
Ruben G, General Manager at Blue Sea Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Eileen,
Exceeding expectations is our goal at the Blue Sea Beach Hotel! Our team takes great pride in providing an experience that evokes your exact sentiments! Thank you for those wonderful comments and we would love to have you as a return guest “in a heartbeat!”

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Recently renovated with very nice upgrades. The location is perfect, right on the boardwalk, restaurants in walking distance and beautiful sunsets. Great value for this price range. Easy access to highway and downtown SD.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank lawrence p

Lawrence,
Thank you for your wonderful comments! I highly agree with you in that we do have very easy access to the highway and downtown San Diego with our central locating in Pacific Beach. We look forward to accommodating you and your family the next time travel brings you to San Diego.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

A bit disconcerting! I recently booked a two night stay at this property and received confirmation through booking.com. When I went to confirm my reservation and let them know that I would be checking in late, they said they didn't have my reservation. I told them that I was looking at the confirmation in my email as I spoke to them. The person on the phone said they would look into it and get back to me. They called back and said my reservation had been cancelled. I explained that I didn't cancel the reservation so asked them who did. The person on the phone said that he wasn't allowed to comment any further and asked if I would like to speak to their general manager and I said yes. He told me that the reservation had been cancelled because the price was invalid. I asked him why he hadn't notified me that it had been cancelled for which he had no answer. I explained to him that he also cancelled my friend's reservation which was booked through venere.com. If I had not called to confirm my reservation I would have arrived at the hotel at midnight and not had a room and been left to scramble around San Diego looking for rooms for the six people making the trip (including two small children). The reservation was made on 4/23 and I called on 5/5, why was there no phone call or email to say that the reservation had been cancelled. After speaking to booking.com, I was told that the reservation was cancelled by the hotel and that they are not allowed to do that. I am still waiting for booking.com or the hotel to find a solution to the problem!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
8  Thank Christopher S

Chris,
I am so sorry about the issues you encountered with your recent reservation. The issue arose as result of a communication/ technical glitch with the Online Travel Agency and our new Property Management System at our hotel. We recently installed a new Property Management system and we are still getting a few kinks ironed out.
I do hope that the reservation and the significantly reduced rate that was provided were to your satisfaction. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns at 858-488-4700 ext 420.
Thank you for staying with us!

Regards,

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I've always loved this hotel and its great location right in the heart of Pacific Beach. It's convenient to all the great restaurants and fun bars. I can get up in the morning and run on the beach or boardwalk then spend the rest of the day on the beach, right outside the gate of the hotel. If you're tired of the sandy beach there's a nice pool with glass to block any wind but still provide a gorgeous view of the ocean. I love the remodeled rooms. It's got a very beachy vibe. Really nice!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank mirmayd321

A “beachy vibe” to the newly renovated rooms is a popular consensus with many of our guests. We are very happy that you enjoyed the new room! Thank you so much for your continued patronage and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

I'm a single lady in my 30's and was vacationing Mon-Fri. I wanted a hotel on the beach that I could feel safe walking around/coming in late. Blue Sea was perfect for my needs! The staff was friendly, the location was well lit and mostly residential so there was not a lot of foot traffic after dark. The bed was comfortable. The room was nicely decorated (I was in a renovated room). Overall, the hotel was comfortable and affordable. I enjoyed the Philosophy brand bath products, they were a nice touch. I would definitely stay there again!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank SingleLadyTravels

I am very pleased that our staff and facility was “perfect” for your needs! We greatly appreciate you choosing the Blue Sea Beach Hotel for your hotel accommodations in San Diego. We look forward to your next visit from Houston, Texas to Sunny San Diego!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

This hotel was AMAZING! It is all about location, location, location. The placement right on the beach is exactly what we needed for our relaxing weekend in San Diego. We had an ocean front view room that was stunning. The weather wasn’t the greatest while we were there but that is not the hotel’s fault. The heated pool and hot tub were great. The hotel is going through a renovation and there were many signs of that. We were in one of the renovated rooms and it was done very tastefully. Be aware that there is an 18 dollar fee for parking. If you have a bigger car, you are going to have problems parking in their lot. I sure hope to get to stay here again with a future visit to San Diego.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

I am so happy to hear that you “loved this hotel” and that it was “Amazing”! Thank you for your comments on the newly renovated room. Our design team worked very hard to come up with this new décor and I am glad that you, like many of our other guests, have enjoyed this new look. We at the Blue Sea Beach Hotel also hope that you will get to here again the next time you visit sunny San Diego. Thank you for staying with us!
Regards,