Blue Sea Beach Hotel
$349
$484
$350
Fairmont.com
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$157
$126
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$282
$260
$179
$214
$151
  • Breakfast included
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$207
$178
  • Beachfront
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
$323
  • Pool
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$219
Orbitz.com
1,609 results
All reviewsocean frontpartial ocean viewoceanfront roomworld famous restaurantpool areaboard walkwithin walking distancesound of the wavespool and hot tubmission beachthird floorbalcony doorperfect locationunderground parkingcan't beat the locationrestaurants and barsfront desk staff
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This was my 4th stay at Blue Sea Lodge and was better than the previous 3 times - and those times were great. As I arrived early I had to wait for my room, no problem had lunch at World Famous across the street and I can say no need of an excuse to dine there it is awesome. As I was patient and waited for my room I got upgraded to Ocean Front room on floor 3. Clean room, plenty of space, inviting and so meditating to listen to the ocean to go to sleep.
Location is the key with this hotel jump and only hop and you are on the sands of Pacific Beach.
My balcony had views all the way to mission Beach and the other direction the Pier and beyond.
Pool area not huge always inviting to lounge about relax watch the passing parade along the promenade. Suggestion bigger pool towels please.
Fantastic stay as always thank you to each of the staff who were helpful with all my queries and transport needs.

Room Tip: Always always book reserve request the front building NEVER THE BACK BUILDING TOO CLOSE TO THE CAR PARK.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We arrived in San Diego on October 13 around 10:30 in the morning. It was a crazy place at the airport and even worse at the Dollar Rent a Car lot. But that is a whole other story. We got our car and drove to the Best Western. The gps route was the more scenic route, I guess, it took a little longer than it should have due to traffic. Anyway, we arrived and were not able to check in yet so we sort of explored the area. Once we checked in, we were in an ocean front room on the second floor. It was great. The room was clean and neat. Alot of the other reviews I have read on this property claim that it needs upgrading, I do have to agree with that but I have stayed in worse. The bathrooms are a little small and cramped. But otherwise the room was fine and had an amazing view. Excellent place for people watching. We did have a couple of minor issues that were fixed quickly. The on button fell out of the coffee maker, but I left a note and the housekeeper brought in a new one. Once we finally figured out how to turn the air conditioner on, it worked well, until my husband decided to turn it off the next morning because he was cold and it would never come back on. I called the front desk and they sent someone right away. He did not seem very sure of what was wrong, but got it working, until he walked out the door. We left for the day and tried it again when we returned but it still wasn't working. My husband called the front desk and another guy came to look at it. He found a fuse had blown and my husband discovered that the filters were so clogged the air couldn't flow through, so the maintenance man took them out. He never did bring them back but that was ok as long as the a/c worked. The other small issue we had was the tv would not come on one day. Someone came and fixed it right away. Outside of those few things, our stay was great. I would definitely come back to the hotel.
All of the hotel staff was very friendly and eager to please.

Room Tip: Rooms with ocean view are the best for sunsets and people watching.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shenry2318
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I was determined to find a hotel right on the ocean in San Diego that wasn't going to cost alot of money as I knew I was not going to spend much time in my room. I am glad I chose the Best Western Blue Sea Lodge. The front desk was extremely friendly and helpful (everyone on staff), the room was fairly large and comfortable and not worn at all. They had a pool and hot tub which I had the opportunity to use both. Yes folks, it's right on the beach which is great as there are several restaurants within walking distance and you can easily go to the beach return to your room and go back to the beach if you like. There was even a small refrigerator in the room and a very generous sized bathroom.

I went to look at some of the other hotels on the beach that I had interest in and they were at least double the price and unnecessary for my needs on this particular trip.

In addition I found street parking (legal beach parking) every day and did not have to pay the hotel the $ 17.00 per night parking fee as I didn't use it.

All things said, this was a very nice place to say, not deluxe, but certainly comfortable and a good value for the money.

PS- they even have a small breakfast and lunch counter in the lobby should you want to stay on the site.

Room Tip: I stayed in the main building which is the easiest to access with alot of luggage. I had a partial ocean view room on the 3rd floor with a balcony. Yes you can see the ocean from a partial ocean view room, (you also see the parking lot), but the difference in price is well worth having the partial ocean view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We have just recently had the pleasure of staying at The Blue Sea Lodge again, and wanted to thank everyone for always accommodating us and making our stay so enjoyable.

I have been staying here for the past 8 years as my partner 's work takes us to San Diego 5 or more times per year. Our stay can last anywhere from 10 - 21 days so accommodations and service are very important.

We have always had great experiences during our stay and to us the Blue Sea Lodge is like "home" away from home. The Manager, Rueben Garza and his friendly staff always make sure that our needs are met and provide personalized service to make sure we are comfortable and satisfied.

The hotel's ocean view, is enclosed by glass, is right on the beach, separated by the boardwalk. The sunrises and sunsets off the water are amazing, the ocean view spectacular.
If you like surfing, cycling, jogging, skateboarding or just walking, you will enjoy the boardwalk. There is an amusement park, lots of little shops, restaurants, and pubs along the way and additional shopping is very close. Lots for everyone to do. 10 min from Seaworld, San Diego Zoo close by.

The pool and hot tub area is well maintained. For guest safety and to respect late evening noise, this closes somewhere from 11pm - 9am. They have a small coffee shop in the main lobby, for added convenience. Room key is required to enter the secured hotel area at poolside.

Our room had a kitchen area with sink, sofa, table and chairs. An Iron & ironing board, hairdryer, coffee maker, microwave and small fridge are provided and a daily newspaper is available at the lobby.

We would highly recommend anyone to select the Blue Sea Lodge for their vacation or business trip. We wouldn't think of choosing anywhere else to stay and it is amazing how many friends we have made over the years, that we see as return guests during our stay.

Thanks for everything,

Pam

Room Tip: I believe a fitness center is close by that guests may take advantage of.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2012

You couldn't ask for a better location. Steps away from the beach, Ocean Boulevard boardwalk, Crystal pier, restaurants, groceries, bars, pubs, fast food, pizza, grocery store Ralph's. It is not the fanciest place but it is clean, reliable and perfectly functional for a beach vacation.

Bob at the front desk was very helpful and funny. Bob helped us set up a ride to the airport early in the morning (4:30am) with a local driver, Bora (sp?). The ride cost $35 USD, we gave him $40 and the ride was only 15 mins at that time of day.

It's a great walk along Ocean Boulevard where you can look at all the beautiful oceanfront vacation homes that I probably can't afford to rent, ha ha. We also walked across Mission Blvd to the east side of the peninsula where you'll find Sail Bay and Mission Bay. Much quieter as there are no waves, probably a great place for younger children.

There is free wireless in the room with password from front desk. Decent sized pool and hot tub with a view of the ocean. We happened to be upgraded to a room with an ocean view right next to the walk, but I'm sure that any room would have been fine. I actually found the ocean too loud at night! And at one point, a street cleaning machine drove by that woke me up. Flat screen TV in the room, fridge, microwave. The bathroom would be my only complaint, it was hard to have two people in there at the same time, and you need to close the door in order to get to the bathtub.

Great place to stay and economical.

Room Tip: Rooms that are on the 'first floor' are elevated so they don't consider them to be ground level...but they are accesible from the ground. Also, all the balconies are connected.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple