We stayed at the Best Western Bayside May 14-17. Be sure to book through the San Diego Convention and Visitor's website as their rate is far less than the advertised Best Western rate. The convention and visitor's website allows you to select if you want bayview or cityview. Although the site doesn't point this out, be aware that a bayview will cost you an extra $10 a night which you will have to pay on arrival. I was aware of this ahead of time and didn't mind paying the extra $10 when I got there. The bayview is nice, but if you are planning on staying here by mid-summer 2007 the view is likely to be blocked by a new high rise condo development they are building a few blocks away. Before long this hotel will have very little bayview at all.
We found this hotel to be quiet and comfortable for our stay in San Diego. The location is convenient to the trolley line. Use the trolley if you are heading to Old Town, Seaport village, the convention center, or Petco Park. If you want to, you could walk to most downtown attractions. San Diego's downtown is not overly large and easily walkable.
The hotel pool is small and can be chilly late in the afternoon when it is shaded from the sun. But the hot tub was very relaxing. There is also a courtesy shuttle available at the hotel. We didn't use except for our trip to the airport, but I assume if you ask the front desk, the shuttle would be available to take you to the zoo or other attractions.
On the morning of check-in we arrived around noon, but check in wasn't until 3:00. Fortunately, our room was ready and they happily checked us in. The room was clean and offered a microwave and refrigerator. Stop at the rite aid one block away to pick up any alcoholic beverages you may need. Maid service was timely and efficient.
Overall, the Best Western Bayside is a quiet and comfortable hotel, a great value for the price in downtown San Diego. I would likely stay here again on my next visit to San Diego.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Plus Bayside Inn is located in the heart of downtown San Diego, perfect for site seeing or business trips. Our proximity to Little Italy offers guests easy access to amazing dining and breweries from award winning chefs. Guests can easily walk to shopping and dining at the nearby harbor area including Seaport Village & The Headquarters. Those that love to explore and site see find our central location to many local museums and attractions, like the World Famous San Diego Zoo(R) and the Midway Museum very convenient. In addition to our complimentary services, like a daily breakfast buffet, shuttle service and WI-FI, guests may take advantage of some of our new and enhanced amenities from our 2015 first floor remodel. The beautiful outdoor pool and hot tub area with woven modular lounge seating is great for evenings with friends, family time or just relaxing. The new onsite fitness room is perfect for an invigorating work out. We also added a fantastic Sundries area with snacks, small meals and beverages for the convenience of our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Best Western, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelPower, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Bayside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel San Diego
- Best Western Bayside Hotel
- Best Western San Diego
- San Diego Best Western