My husband and I just returned from a first-time holiday to San Diego and we were very pleased with our 5-day accommodation at the Best Western Plus Bayside Inn. We are in our mid- sixties and we found the bed to be very comfortable and the spacious room met all our needs--fridge, microwave, 2 luggage racks, good hair dryer, iron, coffee maker and a 3-drawer dresser plus a table and 2 chairs and night table. Having recently travelled to Europe, these amenities were most appreciated! We also enjoyed a very satisfying breakfast to the start of each of our touring days.
The location of this hotel is perfect as you can access most of San Diego's attractions easily from here by walking or by transit.
We had a fun and delicious meal at Fillipis in Little Italy which is just a short walk from the hotel. The hop on/hop off has a starting point in Litttle Italy as well and is one of the best we have been on. We also could easily walk and tour the USS Midway Museum and the Maritime Museum. A must see.
I would also recommend Tour Guide Tim tours which gave us an excellent tour of La Jolla, Torrey Pines and Pacific coast. Info available on internet. We picked up the tour near the hotel at the Sante Fe Trolley Station. Tim was an excellent tour guide.
We also had a tour of the Gas Lamp area called, Booze, Bites and Brothels. A fun night where we learned about the sordid past of this area and visited 4 restaurants -- good value. We walked, it takes about 25 minutes from the hotel.
We visited the zoo, but took transit which was easy to do and not crowded. We were able to buy our tickets for the zoo at the hotel. Staff very helpful.
One more tip, there is a Rite-Aid just a few minutes from hotel for your happy hour needs! Too bad Canada does not sell booze in drug stores.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Plus Bayside Inn is located in the heart of downtown San Diego, perfect for site seeing or business trips. Our proximity to Little Italy offers guests easy access to amazing dining and breweries from award winning chefs. Guests can easily walk to shopping and dining at the nearby harbor area including Seaport Village & The Headquarters. Those that love to explore and site see find our central location to many local museums and attractions, like the World Famous San Diego Zoo(R) and the Midway Museum very convenient. In addition to our complimentary services, like a daily breakfast buffet, shuttle service and WI-FI, guests may take advantage of some of our new and enhanced amenities from our 2015 first floor remodel. The beautiful outdoor pool and hot tub area with woven modular lounge seating is great for evenings with friends, family time or just relaxing. The new onsite fitness room is perfect for an invigorating work out. We also added a fantastic Sundries area with snacks, small meals and beverages for the convenience of our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Best Western, HotelsforEveryone, Agoda, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel San Diego
- Best Western Bayside Hotel
- Best Western San Diego
- San Diego Best Western