Prior to our flight out of San Diego we stayed at another almost twice as expense hotel. My wife suggested that when we returned we stay at a Best Western as we have usually had a good experience with them at a much reduced price plus the membership and other money saving features are great. We checked into the Best Western Plus Bayside Inn and frankly were surprised on how nice it was as a reasonable price. Very clean entrance, plenty of parking, shuttle service and from the airport, train station, etc., breakfast included, dinner discounted 15% in their comfortable restaurant. A great complete menu and excellent service! Our room was on the 8th floor ocean view so we could see the bay and the square rigger Star of India along side the dock. Would recommend you get at least a 4th floor but higher is better. We had two queen sized beds which were very comfortable. An approximately 40" flat screen tv, coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator, ironing board and iron, hair drier, nice bathroom and fixtures. A small but usable balcony, internet service, desk and two chairs, closet, etc. ATM in lobby. Ice machines on 3rd, 6th 9th & 12th floor. Vending machines in lobby. Late check-out service up to 4 PM which on top of a 12 o'clock usual check out time is fantastic for travelers! The smoking rooms are all on the 4th floor which made us happy. In other words at a very reasonable price one gets a lot of appreciated features. Apparently people from around the world have found it as we met a lot of people from Germany, South Korea, Taiwan, Japan, etc. It is just a few blocks from the water front and from the train station and about a mile from the airport so walking is practical.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Plus Bayside Inn is located in the heart of downtown San Diego, perfect for site seeing or business trips. Our proximity to Little Italy offers guests easy access to amazing dining and breweries from award winning chefs. Guests can easily walk to shopping and dining at the nearby harbor area including Seaport Village & The Headquarters. Those that love to explore and site see find our central location to many local museums and attractions, like the World Famous San Diego Zoo(R) and the Midway Museum very convenient. In addition to our complimentary services, like a daily breakfast buffet, shuttle service and WI-FI, guests may take advantage of some of our new and enhanced amenities from our 2015 first floor remodel. The beautiful outdoor pool and hot tub area with woven modular lounge seating is great for evenings with friends, family time or just relaxing. The new onsite fitness room is perfect for an invigorating work out. We also added a fantastic Sundries area with snacks, small meals and beverages for the convenience of our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Bayside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel San Diego
- Best Western Bayside Hotel
- Best Western San Diego
- San Diego Best Western