We arrrived before check in as was told our room was not ready, even though i had informed them before we would be arriving early. We are also reward members and never had this problem before.
Our room was clean, comfortable and big apart from the slamming of other guests doors throughout the night, and a bit of road noise, maybe we were just unlucky with the noisy guests. The room had a fridge which was handy and a microwave and coffee maker. WIFI worked well.
The location is great a few minutes walk into Little Italy one way and a few minutes more in the other direction to the habour. The Santa Fe station it is just down the road on the way to the harbour. We did not have a car so we made use of public transport it was easy to get around.
As for breakfast we must have been unlucky as the first day hot water and T bags had run out, although the staff were quick to replace the food if it run out, other days there were no knives, milk, and again hot water. As i dont drink coffee, tea is my only other option. Apart from that the breakfast was ok, we have had better but it did the job to set us up for sightseeing.
The hotel does have a pool which is behind the reception area, not sure if any one uses it as we never saw anyone in it.
We used the laundry service which was good you got it back the same day. The cleaning staff were always cheerful and said hello, reception staff were friendly.
I would recommend this hotel for the location,this is why i have given it 4, as i said before maybe we were just unlucky with our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Plus Bayside Inn is located in the heart of downtown San Diego, perfect for site seeing or business trips. Our proximity to Little Italy offers guests easy access to amazing dining and breweries from award winning chefs. Guests can easily walk to shopping and dining at the nearby harbor area including Seaport Village & The Headquarters. Those that love to explore and site see find our central location to many local museums and attractions, like the World Famous San Diego Zoo(R) and the Midway Museum very convenient. In addition to our complimentary services, like a daily breakfast buffet, shuttle service and WI-FI, guests may take advantage of some of our new and enhanced amenities from our 2015 first floor remodel. The beautiful outdoor pool and hot tub area with woven modular lounge seating is great for evenings with friends, family time or just relaxing. The new onsite fitness room is perfect for an invigorating work out. We also added a fantastic Sundries area with snacks, small meals and beverages for the convenience of our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Cheap Tickets so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel San Diego
- Best Western Bayside Hotel
- Best Western San Diego
- San Diego Best Western