We arrived here after an 11hr flight, and then a 2 hr drive from LA. It was a relief to find that a) the parking was SO easy and convenient - and b) the check-in was easy, friendly, and quick.
The room (9th floor) was easily accessible by the elevators (2) and was comfortable and a good size. There WAS a damp patch on the carpet, but this had dried by the next day - so I'm presuming that this was an unfortunate leak - and not a regular feature!
Why we would stay here again...
1- Location. Only a five minute walk from the harbor front. We had a 'bay view' room, and you could just about see the water - but considering the price of a 'full view' hotel, we were happy with that! Also only a five minute walk to Santa Fe tram station.
2 - Nearby amenities. Five minute walk to harbor front sites. Twenty minute walk to USS Midway.
7-11 store a block away. NICE Italian restaurant ("Petrini's") literally over the road.
3 - Parking. EXCELLENT.
4 - Hotel appearance was really nice, with plenty of newspapers in lobby, along with nice meeting area sofas.
5 - The swimming pool looked well maintained - but as it was raining, we didn't try it out!
6 - The room had a SAFE. WooHoo! A REAL plus for us!
7 - The balcony was a really nice 'plus' for us. We left the doors open all night, and listened to the 'ting-ting' sound of the tram bell. Very comforting - if you don't mind a little bit of ambient city noise (which we really like).
8 - The Breakfast. This was a really nice surprise! For the price, we didn't have high expectations, but were totally blown away by the range of hot and cold items on offer. Even miso and rice for their Asian customers. Don't skip this. It will set you up for the day.
The only downside we encountered was a faulty hairdryer, which 'rattled'. As we were only there for the two nights, we didn't complain, but informed the receptionist on check-out. The receptionist was very apologetic, wrote an official 'repair' notice, and checked us out as quickly and efficiently as she had checked us in. All with a smile :)
All in all - this was good value for money, and would not hesitate to stay here again, or recommend it to anyone else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Plus Bayside Inn is located in the heart of downtown San Diego, perfect for site seeing or business trips. Our proximity to Little Italy offers guests easy access to amazing dining and breweries from award winning chefs. Guests can easily walk to shopping and dining at the nearby harbor area including Seaport Village & The Headquarters. Those that love to explore and site see find our central location to many local museums and attractions, like the World Famous San Diego Zoo(R) and the Midway Museum very convenient. In addition to our complimentary services, like a daily breakfast buffet, shuttle service and WI-FI, guests may take advantage of some of our new and enhanced amenities from our 2015 first floor remodel. The beautiful outdoor pool and hot tub area with woven modular lounge seating is great for evenings with friends, family time or just relaxing. The new onsite fitness room is perfect for an invigorating work out. We also added a fantastic Sundries area with snacks, small meals and beverages for the convenience of our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Best Western + Iniative, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel San Diego
- Best Western Bayside Hotel
- Best Western San Diego
- San Diego Best Western