The final leg of our journey, started in San Diego for 6 nights and then covered just over 2000 miles up to Utah and into Colorado, back into Arizona and finishing back in California. So good to be settled in for a full 8 nights and able to unpack our cases!!!
Having stayed in San Diego on 5 previous occasions we know the lay of the land fairly well and almost feel like locals. We have previously stayed up in the Little Italy area and have walked past this hotel on many occasions.
Due to the length of our stay we were upgraded to a room on the 11th floor with a balcony overlooking the bay toward the 'Star of India' ship. The room was ideal, spacious, very clean and an extremely comfortable bed with a very good bathroom. Wi-fi worked well and was complimentary. Due to the comfort of the bed we never made it for the complimentary breakfast!!!
Parking was in a multi-storey attached to the hotel although spaces are tight especially when driving a larger vehicle and at only $14 per night very reasonable compared to a lot of other city hotels.
Location is brilliant - well placed for Little Italy and all the wonderful restaurants, just a few minutes walk round the corner and up the hill. Only about 15 minutes to the Gas Lamp district and all the area has to offer. An easy walk to the front and Seaport Village.
When we go back to San Diego (we will at some point) then I will be checking out availability at this hotel - we will definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Plus Bayside Inn is located in the heart of downtown San Diego, perfect for site seeing or business trips. Our proximity to Little Italy offers guests easy access to amazing dining and breweries from award winning chefs. Guests can easily walk to shopping and dining at the nearby harbor area including Seaport Village & The Headquarters. Those that love to explore and site see find our central location to many local museums and attractions, like the World Famous San Diego Zoo(R) and the Midway Museum very convenient. In addition to our complimentary services, like a daily breakfast buffet, shuttle service and WI-FI, guests may take advantage of some of our new and enhanced amenities from our 2015 first floor remodel. The beautiful outdoor pool and hot tub area with woven modular lounge seating is great for evenings with friends, family time or just relaxing. The new onsite fitness room is perfect for an invigorating work out. We also added a fantastic Sundries area with snacks, small meals and beverages for the convenience of our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Best Western, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel San Diego
- Best Western Bayside Hotel
- Best Western San Diego
- San Diego Best Western