When we arrived at San Diego airport we had no idea how to get to the hotel-we telephoned the hotel and we were told to get a taxi and to make sure to get a receipt for the journey. When checking in, they asked for our taxi receipt and they refunded the cost! Pretty nice gesture:-)
We were impressed with our room. Clean, tidy, large and with a balcony overlooking the bay. The view really did it for me and adds loads of bonus points to this hotel. Keep in mind though that there is a lot of construction going on infront of the hotel which is almost certainly going to block the views in the future!
To be honest, I didn't really like the area of the hotel. We decided to go for dinner at around 7.30pm and couldn't find anywhere open around the immediate area! There seemed to be quite a few restaurants but they were all closed. This seemed strange to me at this time on a Friday night. Also, there seemed to be quite a lot of homeless people nearby but we never felt threatened by them.
Breakfast was included in our rate-it was okay. Nothing special but it did the job.
The location of the hotel was quite convenient to the trolley station and bus stops-both were around a 5/10minute walk. This made it quite easy to get to attractions such as SeaWorld and the zoo.
If I returned to San Diego, I would definitely consider staying at this hotel again, although I might chose somewhere with a more vibrant location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Plus Bayside Inn is located in the heart of downtown San Diego, perfect for site seeing or business trips. Our proximity to Little Italy offers guests easy access to amazing dining and breweries from award winning chefs. Guests can easily walk to shopping and dining at the nearby harbor area including Seaport Village & The Headquarters. Those that love to explore and site see find our central location to many local museums and attractions, like the World Famous San Diego Zoo(R) and the Midway Museum very convenient. In addition to our complimentary services, like a daily breakfast buffet, shuttle service and WI-FI, guests may take advantage of some of our new and enhanced amenities from our 2015 first floor remodel. The beautiful outdoor pool and hot tub area with woven modular lounge seating is great for evenings with friends, family time or just relaxing. The new onsite fitness room is perfect for an invigorating work out. We also added a fantastic Sundries area with snacks, small meals and beverages for the convenience of our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Best Western, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Bayside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel San Diego
- Best Western Bayside Hotel
- Best Western San Diego
- San Diego Best Western