“Great Chill Stay”

Baymont Inn & Suites San Diego Downtown
Ranked #207 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I've stayed at RedRoof INN for 3 nights and it was a pleasant stay.
I was welcomed very nicely by Erica at the reception. She was very helpful giving my all info I needed and also calling for taxis for me.

The room was quite big and clean and hotel's location was nice in downtown (was easy for me to walk from one place to another in downtown). It was something like $16 by taxi from the airport.

There's a nice coffee shop in front of the hotel which I recommend.
This hotel worth the price spent.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank ido8all

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at the Red Roof Inn for 3 nights. Upon arrival we discovered the fridge was missing from our room and the bathroom tap was very hard to turn on. The staff were quick to help with a fridge delivered to our room which was great. However as we got further into our stay we noticed a lot more problems with the room such as poor plumbing, large paint chips and no sign of housekeeping even after we asked them to stop by. The staff in the lobby were very friendly and the bed was very comfortable. Not sure if we would stay again but it's a great central location if you want to check out the Gaslamp Quarter or catch the trolley a few streets away.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The bed was like a futon, very uncomfortable. The shower / mini tub combo was as small as my RV shower. The elevator was extremely slow. We could hear the occupants of the adjoining rooms clearly. Sorry for them, they had to listen to me snore all night.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Anthony_J_2014
Reviewed April 25, 2014

My friend and I were looking for a cheap, centrally located hotel in San Diego, where we could basically get a good night's rest and park our car safely after taking a late flight in--and before traveling to Palm Springs. This Red Roof exceeded my expectations as far as budget hotels go. It was very central to both the Gaslamp District and Balboa Park (we walked to the Gaslamp, but ended up driving to Balboa Park because of its uphill location). Our room was very modern and clean, which pleasantly surprised me, and the hotel was very quiet, despite being located in downtown San Diego. I also felt very safe here the entire time. We accidentally drove to the Mission Bay Drive location first, which I may add, seemed like was in the middle of nowhere and not too safe--judging by the glass divider at the front desk counter between the staff and customer. The girl at this front desk was helpful, and the free breakfast was a nice added touch. Parking, which was around the corner in a gated garage, was $16, which I found a little steep, although we were in a big city.

Overall, great stay. I would recommend staying here if you need a central place to sleep, and aren't looking for much more.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank cbattsolutions
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stayed only for a night but received extraordinary service from everyone but in particular Erica at the check in counter!

This lady provided service in scheduling my shuttle and assuring my departure by air the next day, when I was in no condition to help myself. I had just arrived after a long cruise at the cruise port. Enterprise Car Rental was so incredibly screwed up that I was seriously inconvenienced and she took it upon herself to straighten out my connections from the hotel early the next morning, arranging an early connection to the airport.

You have no idea how calming it was to receive that type of service when I appeared on the scene with three pieces of luggage that I could barely manage by myself.

Everything was perfect in the room as far a functionality and cleanliness as well.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Peter B
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stayed there two times this month and was very pleased, located in the heart of the city it has everything you need complimentary wifi, breakfast, parking space.
Miss Erica the front desk very kind and helpful, definitely will return.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 11, 2014

There was a lady at the desk called Erica, she's wonderful, she put me and my Marines together and accommodated us all! And even looked for 18+ places for myself!

The area is wonderful, and is like a 4$ cab ride from all of gaslamp!
And the hotel has parking with in it too which is very helpful!

• Stayed: April 2014
Travelers also viewed these San Diego hotels
Downtown
Days Inn San Diego/Downtown/Convention Center
Downtown
Urban Boutique Hotel
Urban Boutique Hotel
#56 of 286 in San Diego

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites San Diego Downtown? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Baymont Inn & Suites San Diego Downtown

Address: 719 Ash St, San Diego, CA 92101-3213 (Formerly Red Roof Inn San Diego Downtown)
Location: United States > California > San Diego
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
Ranked #207 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Price Range: $78 - $257 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Baymont Inn & Suites San Diego Downtown 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites San Diego Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Rodeway Inn & Suites Downtown Hotel San Diego