“Excellent Street Tacos”

Bracero Cocina de Raiz
Ranked #330 of 5,485 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 1, 2016

I was out walking around as my hotel was just down the street from this place, I passed it by but then came back, I sat at the bar as it was just me. Good beer selection and the bar staff was very attentive. I had the street tacos which were some of the best and innovative that I have had. The salsas were fantastic, there were 4 in total from hot to mild, excellent complement to the street tacos

Reviewed January 28, 2016

Great street tacos (at a high price) with some unusual meets (Lamb's neck and others). Great tequila-based cocktails. Good ambience.

Reviewed January 28, 2016

From cocktails to small and large plates the dishes found their core in Mexican cuisine and took them up several levels. One of my favs was a duck confit mole--oh my. And the dessert a Brown Butter Panque was a show stopper. Great, fun vibe, good service.

Reviewed January 25, 2016

Went on a Saturday night, make sure to make reservations. Tasty plates and good cocktails. Ahi stood out, octopus, and ceviche also. They serve tacos, stick with the Lamb Barbocoa. The others were ok, cheek and tongue. Overall we had a good time, the restaurant/bar is vibrant, great place to go with friends. Service, the hostess-attractive and great smile, busboy very attentive, waiter-not so much-needs to approach the table or do more flybys. Is it the best place in Little Italy, no. But worth going to visit. Enjoy!

Reviewed January 22, 2016

Went without reservations, which I had been told was a gamble, but we were able to get a table outside. The waitstaff was great and even moved the heaters closer to us to make sure we were warm enough.

It was restaurant week so my friend ordered off that menu and I ordered off the regular menu and we shared. Overall, I would say the food was great, but I was a little underwhelmed by a couple of the dishes.

The guacamole - was good, but nothing spectacular
Tuna 3 ways - this was talked up online and by the server. I thought it was good, but not amazing. There wasn't enough flavor in it for me and the cream on the bottom was too thick.
Octopus - Yum. Cooked perfectly and the nuts in the dish were unexpected.
Carnitas taco - total winner. Sad I had to share!
Pork belly app - crispy and delicious
Crepe dessert - nothing special, lemony and good.

The salsas were all excellent; each with a distinctive flavor. The hot was really hot, but delicious.

I had a very good sangria as well!

Pretty expensive, but a great night out.