Tripadvisor
San Diego
Review Highlights
Amazing First Trip to Guadalupe Valley!!!

We booked a private day trip with BWT from San Diego and they were so great! Phil was our guide and... read more

Reviewed January 12, 2020
Lanettegardiner
Amazing Day in Valle de Guadalupe

Six of us spent an amazing day touring Valle de Guadalupe with Phil to celebrate my wife’s... read more

Reviewed December 30, 2019

from $199.00
from $65.00
from $45.00
More Info
All reviews valle de guadalupe wine tour la lomita day trip las nubes great tour visited wineries linda vista easy trip crossing the border transit center private tour driver guide an excellent guide second stop would highly recommend this tour wealth of information
Selected filters
Reviewed September 6, 2017

My group of six friends and I booked a private tour to the Valle de Guadelupe through Baja Winery Tours. It was an unbelievable experience. Our driver Rene picked us up at our hotel in San Diego and went above and beyond to make our experience epic. He even took the time to stop at a scenic overlook so we could get some great pictures en route to the wineries. We visited three wineries, including La Lomita which was my favorite. At each spot, we were expected by the wineries and greeted with a private tour and lots of attention. The wines were fantastic!!! We loved everything we sampled and brought back a few bottles to take home. Lunch was amazing - beautiful open air spot in the valley. Rene gave us plenty of notice for bathroom and water breaks as we crossed through the border so that we were prepared. My only recommendation would be that the tour bring some bottles of water for the group, knowing we will drink wine and want the assurance of safe filtered water. Something that could be added in for future tours, but not a big deal for us as we came prepared. Definitely consider taking this tour to a beautiful destination that I am sure will soon be more on the radar!

Date of experience: August 2017
Baja Winery T, Manager at Baja Winery Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2017

Hi Lorianne.
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review and post it for the world to read.
I am glad to hear that Rene did a good job and that you and your friends enjoyed the tour, the food and the wine. Please look us up for your next visit into Baja California.
We will definitely take your advise of bringing water for passengers, thanks for that!
Best Regards,

P.S. Rene says hola!!!

Reviewed August 28, 2017

We stayed at an Airbnb in Valle de Guadalupe. Mario accommodated a special pick of for us which incredibly convenient. The locations they selected for us were stunning and lunch was incredible. We threw in some whammies at the end with a birthday and one of our friends struggling with stage four pancreatic cancer and wanted to go back to the house a little earlier to rest. They did it all. It was a girls wine trip to remember and we will bring the boys back next time. Thanks for everything!

Date of experience: August 2017
Baja Winery T, Manager at Baja Winery Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2017

Thanks Robin for choosing us for your tour to Valle de Guadalupe.
It was great meeting you all and we are very glad you enjoyed our tour and our company.
Please let us know when you want to take another fun tour with us. Perhaps cheese tasting in Tecate or lobster in Puerto Nuevo. Just give us a ring!
Take care and tanks again.

Reviewed August 28, 2017

Mario and Rene, our drivers, made the trip an enjoyable experience. Good energy and very service oriented. They handled some tricky patron issues to the satisfaction of the requesters, and with little to no inconvenience of the resumption of the group. The declension of wineries was good. Each was different in wines, size, view and feel. The lunch @ Finca Altazado was fabulous. The broad selection of dishes for the table gave a great feel for the cuisine of the restaurant. Great view and. Great vibe. Would definitely use them again in the future.

Hi Derek.
Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. You're great!!
Rene and I also had a great time with the group and enjoyed every second of it.
We hope to be able to serve you again in the near future on another one of our fabulous trips.
Thanks.

Reviewed August 15, 2017

Overall I had a great time. Our driver, Renee, was on time, helpful, made sure we got to all the wineries on time, had reserved tables at the locations that required it, no complaints whatsoever. Our questions with Mario at Baja Winery Tours was always answered promptly via Email. The tastings at the wineries were pre-set. There were other offerings at each one, (we visited 3). That you could pay extra for. Say you wanted only red wines, or their premium offerings. There were usually 4 pours per winery. The wineries we visited were very nice and professional. After the first two, we went to lunch at a very nice upscale restaurant in the valley, Finca Altozano. Look it up. Great menu. My only advice to the tour company would be here. Table was reserved, which is nice, it was very busy. But we had a preset menu. I liked it, but others in my group were not as enthused. Totally get in order to control costs that this is what you have to do and the ease of it. My only suggestion would be to let you order what you wish but after a certain dollar amount it is on you. The preset menu had Ahi, Octopus, Mushrooms, and Lamb. Many things I would not have ordered but enjoyed because it was so different for me. Like i said, the others in my group were not as adventurous. All in all I thought this was a great introduction to this area and I would recommend it.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Baja Winery T, Manager at Baja Winery Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2017

Hi Frank.
Thank you very much for your recommendations, we will take them in consideration for future tours.
We want to thank you also for your business and for taking the time to write a review.
It makes us very happy to know that our guests enjoy our tours and all the wine tasting in Valle de Guadalupe. Please keep us in mind for your future adventures into Mexico.
Best regards,

Reviewed August 15, 2017

We did a private tour with 9 girls, and this far exceeded everyone's expectations. We were a little hesitant about the price at first, but it was well worth every penny. The lunch was something we will never forget, and this tour gave us the opportunity to enjoy a day of friends and wine tasting worry-free.

Mario is incredible. He is knowledgeable, reliable, professional and clearly enjoys what he does. We were a lot to handle on the drive back to San Diego, but he was patient, accommodating and helpful the entire trip (thank you Mario!)

I truly cannot recommend this company enough, and we are so grateful for such an amazing day! We can't wait to book our next one!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Hi there! Thanks again for your kind words and for taking the time to leave a review.
I'm very happy to know that you and your friends enjoyed the tour and liked the wine and food. To me it is extremely important that all our guests have a magnificent time while on tour with us and we appreciate all your reviews and comments about our tours. Only like that we can improve ourselves.
I hope you guys try our cheese tasting tour next time, you are going to love it!!
Best regards,