“Fabulous Resort Facility and Professional Staff”

Fairmont Grand Del Mar
Ranked #3 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Great Resort with awesome facilities, I have hesitation is recommending this resort as truly 5 star resort. One of the best resort employees I have ever seen. We will keep coming back and keep recommending this resort to friends and family.

Room Tip: All the rooms are having amazing view of stunning golf course.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,851)

Reviewed November 6, 2013

An impressive drive up to an impressive hotel, through what looked like an impressive golf course. First impressions were good and didnt disappoint. The service on arrival was excellent and continued throughout with champagne and even a cake delivered to the room for my birthday. Pool and hot tub areas were clean with under water music a new one to me. Dinner was superb and the bar areas also nice. We were only here a couple of nights but managed to relax totally after the mayhem of a Vegas trip before. Only small downsides were that we founf it quite a long way from anywhere we wnated to visit, so location couldve been better for us , but thats probably our fault, and we lost an item of clothing from our room, not that i thought it was deliberate as i think it probably got caught up in the linen but still a little annoying.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bookster
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I did not have the pleasure of staying at this fine hotel. I work for a company that provides hotel childcare. I've seen and interacted with the staff of all of the top hotels in the San Diego area. I received the best service from the staff at the grand Del Mar. They didn't have to cater to me I pay no one's bills. But they did, every single staff member that I came in contact with. The location is lively as are the rooms. But the real reason to stay here is the service.

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Amazing amenities, room was spacious and luxurious, view was breathtaking. Very, very quiet at night - was looking foward to the live music but by 9/9:30 it was finished. Hotel arranged for a car to pick us up and take us into town for some live music. Very relaxing stay!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I just recently returned from 4 days at the Grand Del Mar and am trying to pinch myself awake from the dream. What an amazing resort, spectacular staff and a gorgeous and relaxing setting. The trip was work related, but still the experience was top notch. Every staff member was overly accommodating and there whenever you needed something. Food was fantastic at all outlets. I highly suggest the breakfast burrito at Club M and their fish tacos for lunch. The golf course facilities are amazing and the staff super welcoming. The only thing I didn't get to use was the spa but heard from other guests that it was top notch also.

After working years in the travel and resort industry I can honestly say that The Grand Del Mar is the BEST resort I have ever visited on every level.

Room Tip: All rooms are fabulous, the Grand Room is where we stayed and it was roomy for two people, nice pati...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank criviere3
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I didn't stay at this place, but met a friend here for dinner, The grounds are immaculate and the buildings gorgeous. No expense was spared to build this place. My friend has actually stayed here and said the service is out of this world. We met at the bar (exceptional service) and had dinner at the restaurant. Food and service were both excellent - I hated to leave!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank BluegirlMinneapolis
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We just returned from an exquisite weekend at the Grand Del Mar. We were upgraded to a Terrace Room by the adult pool and spent every morning with coffee and paper soaking up the rising sun. The room was phenominal, we didn't have to leave - but we did! The golf course was in great shape and our fore-caddy helped us keep our scores low. The restaurants (Addison and Amaya ... but Addison especially) are superb! We loved our stay and would highly recommend the hotel!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple