“Don't stay anywhere else !!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Member Rates
Ranked #5 of 281 Hotels in San Diego
Covina, California
“Don't stay anywhere else !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

You won't find a better place to stay than this Residence Inn. The rooms are clean and well maintained. The staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast has everything you could want to eat and we really enjoyed the delicious BBQ they served on a night we were there. The pool is sparkling and the kids enjoyed the basketball court. Everyone is so friendly, make sure you say hello to Hetal after Theresa checks you in. We won't stay anywhere else!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Janet U
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Janet U,

I see you got know a couple of our employees and experienced the amazing service we provide everyday to our guests.

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed our evening BBQ and the sport court.

We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Greg Schmidt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Excellent facility. Kind and accomodating staff always helpful and responsive to customer needs. Great location, comfortable rooms which is important to the business traveler. No complaints I have absolutely no reason to stay anywhere else. Thanks Hetal for your continuous outstanding leadership at this facility.

2 Thank Bob U
Bob U,

Thank you so much for your strong endorsement of our hotel.

We are very proud of our staff and our property and I'm so glad to hear you feel it's your home away from home.

Thanks again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I greatly enjoyed my stay here. The location is outstanding and the people are top notch. In particular, Theresa is one of the nicest hospitality representatives I have encountered, and she made me feel very welcome and appreciated for choosing their establishment. When on business travel, I usually like to check in quickly but this time I found myself chatting about my family vacation to Hawaii a few weeks back and headed up to my room with a big smile on my face. That was the direct result of exceptional hospitality, and I will be back. Also worth noting is that the complimentary happy hour includes a very fine ale that I have not seen offered at any other RI. Well done!

Sleep Quality
1 Thank Robert S
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
robert S,

Yes, Theresa is an outstanding associate and we are very lucky to have her and the rest of our staff represent our hotel. We get so many great compliments about everyone at our Front Desk and Gatehouse, it really makes my job a lot easier.

I love that ale as well, it's one of my favorites. We actually buy it from a local brewery as we try and incorporate some local offerings in our evening social. I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

Thank you and we look forward to hosting you the next time you're in San Diego.

Siincerely,

Kansas City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I asked my company to change my reservation at a previous hotel to be moved to this hotel. Even though this hotel was 15 minutes further out than the previous hotel, I didn't care! I'm usually very happy to stay in Residence Inns...this one did not disappoint!!! Room was very clean and modern, good television channels (yes, that matters! HAHA!!) The surrounding area was great also! I actually use the kitchen at Residence Inns, so I was very happy to find a Sprouts grocery store across the street. There are also MANY restaurants around in walking distance! The front desk staff also provided a list of places to eat/shop/have fun at in the area. I also thought that was a plus! You don't have to Google it, it's already done for you. The staff was really nice, breakfast was great, rooms cleaned well daily. I would definitely stay here again!

3 Thank N_THE_AIR
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
N_The_Air,

Thank you for insisting your company move you from your original hotel to our property. It sounds like even though we are a little further away, our property is well worth the extra few minutes in commute.

I couldn't agree more, our location is absolutely perfect with several restaurants, shops and grocery stores right within walking distance.

We look forward to hosting you the next time you are in San Diego.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Location was very convenient to the Wild Animal Park. Room was comfortable. Breakfast was energizing. Staff was very attentive. Breakfast crew very efficient at keeping food out. Simple check in and check out.

Room Tip: Elevator toward the main lobby.
Green Features: Promoted green handling of linens and very resource friendly.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
2 Thank Randell G
Randell G,

I have never been to the Safari Park but it's on my list of things to do, especially since it's so conveniently locate to our hotel.

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel and all of its amenities.

We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Thank you.

Morgan Hill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Thanks to Dhel for all of her gracious help! She was great & helped us a number of times! Good kitchen staff too. Had a great stay & will definitely return! Can't wait to come back. Nice rooms, great pool, good grocery & other stores nearby. Convenient! Great!

• Stayed August 2014
      Rooms
1 Thank GRT88
GRT 88,

Thank you for your very kind words about Dhel and the rest of our staff. It's such a pleasure to come to work everyday and work with these associates and to meet guests such as yourself.

I will be sure to share your comments with our team.

Thanks again.

Gautier, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Very up to date and modern. Conveniently located to theaters, dining and shopping. The staff are very professional and helpful. The facilities are the best I have stayed at in San Diego. All shopping, dining etc. are within walking distance.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise
Green Features: Very respectful of the environment. they seem to have conservation in mind.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank George K
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
George K,

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in San Diego.