“Amazing Last Minute Stay”

Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch
Ranked #4 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Santa Monica, California
“Amazing Last Minute Stay”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Booked at the last minute for a trip to the Safari Park. We had 5 people in our group and stayed in the 2 bed/2bath suite for an amazing rate. Perfect for us! Front Desk Person Theresa was so helpful: we arrived early, our room wasn't ready…Theresa stowed our luggage, gave us a private area to change our clothes so we could hang out in the pool while our room was cleaned, and then still got us into our room before the 3pm check in time. And the pool is very kid-friendly, not too deep, not too big! The suite was clean and well appointed. The location is also ideal as there are tons of restaurants literally across the parking lot and across the street. And its only a 15min drive to the Safari Park

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Tami B
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Tami B,

I'm so glad Theresa was able to take care of you during your stay with us. Like all of our associates, we always try to go above and beyond to take care of our guests.

We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in San Diego.

Greg Schmidt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Friendly and efficient front office, breakfast and housekeeping staff. Mr Kirtan Patel at the front desk deserves special mention for his kind and caring attitude even before I had arrived. Would definitely stay at this location whenever I get the opportunity to do so.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Jai S,

Keetan is certainly one of a kind and one of our best associates. He consistently goes above and beyone for all of our guests. I will be sure to share your comments with him.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments and we look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in San Diego.

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

I stay at Marriott properties very regularly and am typically pleased. This Residence Inn has a less corporate feel. It has all the amenities of your typical Residence Inn plus the feel of a family owed property. The staff was incredibly personal. One of the guest services reps asked us our plan for the day and proceeded to provide guidance on all of the neighborhoods we wanted to visit. She mapped our trip for us and gave us the local's perspective we were looking for.
No doubt that this location is a favorite for us. We'll be back again and again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Beth R,

I love when I travel and I'm able to discover places only the locals know about so I'm very happy to hear that our staff provided you this type of personalized service, it truly makes all the difference.

We hope to see you again the next time you are in San Diego.

Thanks again.

Pompton Plains, New Jersey
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Stayed here for business and it was very convenient to the Sony office. The people are very friendly and the room was clean. There was an issue with the Wi-Fi, but after calling the front desk, the technical support person tried to fix it and gave me a case number so I could check on the status if I wanted. The front desk, the folks at the breakfast buffet, and housekeeping were all extremely friendly, too.

Green Features: There were recycle bins in the guest rooms, which is something you do not see very often.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
gstatman,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and even happier to hear that we resolved your issue with the complimentary internet. We just recently went through an upgrade to make our internet even faster so I'm assuming the issue took place during this upgrade.

Thanks again and we look forward to hosting you the next time you are in San Diego.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Really nothing to fault. Better values can be found, but not that often an the value is quite good just the same. Great suite, to bad I only stayed one night. If I had a 2 week or longer stay I be delighted to stay here. Gas station and strip mall with a grocery store right next to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
randyabr,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

We too wish you could have stayed with us for two weeks. With all of the amenities we provide, we truly are a "home away from home" for our guests.

We look forward to hosting you again the next time you find yourself in San Diego.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I am in San Diego for 4 weeks on business from South Africa and when looking online for hotels was overwhelmed with the choice. I chose this Marriott Residence in as it seemed like a convenient location and the rooms seemed to be a decent size. I only booked a 1 week stay just in case but today extended for the full 4 weeks.

The hotel is GREAT. From very friendly and efficient staff at reception to the position of the hotel, I am very happy to stay here. The rooms are all suites, so you get a kitchen, lounge area and 1 or 2 bedrooms depending on suite size. The hotel includes a free breakfast and free parking to all guests which is a bonus. The free internet and WIFI works very well and there is an upgrade option for a faster connection although I have not needed it. The free Wifi works fine to stream Netflix and use remote desktop back home.

The room is very clean with linens being changed twice a week, and they even gave the carpets a thorough cleaning while I was there which makes the whole room feel fresh and clean.

Staff are always friendly and Theresa from reception was brilliant at resolving the problem my travel agent back home created with multiple reservations for my stay.

Location wise, there are 4 strip malls around the area with plenty of restaurants for suppers, Sprouts for pre-made food to take back to the hotel for suppers and many other retail stores. There are also a few full sized shopping centers 5 minutes away. San Diego Downtown is a 30 minute drive, but the hotel is located right near I15 so very accessible if you need to travel.

All in all a great experience and I would recommend this as a hotel for business travelers, vacation travelers and families.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Dale G
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dale G,

I'm so glad to hear that you have extended your stay with us to the full 4 weeks.

It sounds like the team has taken very good care of you and I will be sure to share your comments with Theresa.

If there's anything you need over the next month, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

Jenks, OK
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I've stayed at this Residence Inn twice, and the staff are always very attentive to our needs, very accommodating. I didn't give it five stars because the beds are uncomfortable--need updating. Other than that, it's clean, and they try to meet all requests.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
DeEtte D,

Thank you so much for being a repeat guest at the Residence Inn Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mounain Ranch.

I'm looking forward to your next stay with us so that you can expeince our new beds. Yes, we are in the process of replacing all mattresses and boxsprings. We are a 124 room hotel and we have already replaced 20 mattresses. Hopefully the next time you are with us we will earn the full 5 stars.