Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch
Ranked #4 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Folsom, California
“Great Place to Stay!”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Friendly staff, breakfast and happy hour are a welcome treat! The rooms are very comfy with a separate bedroom, kitchenette and living room. I stay here on business each time I visit San Diego and would glady bring the family here!

1 Thank A S
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
A S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor, it is greatly appreciated.

I know all of our guests really enjoy the complimentary evening hospitality that we host every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. The complimentary beer and wine is along with the evening snack has really become a Residence Inn staple. This, along with our complimentary breakfast everyday is one of the things that keeps our guests coming back.

We look forward to hosting you the next time you are in San Diego.

Greg Schmidt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Anaheim, California
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

i love this hotel. its near shopping and tons of eating choices. janice was very helpful and sweet while checking in. i fell inlove with the room. it was perfect in every way. i will definetly be back to this hotel its so perfect.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank annissa f
annissa f,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I'm so glad to hear that you were pleased with our location and the service from our staff. I feel very fortunate to work with all of these associates every day as they each exemplify customer service.

We look forward to hosting you in the future.

El Dorado Hills, California
Reviewed April 18, 2014

The staff was attentive and the place clean. Will stay again.

Close by shopping made it easy to pickup things we'd forgotten to pack.

Plenty of parking with no extra charge.

Played basketball with the kids and enjoyed the hot tub.

3 Thank SarabChimni
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
SarabChimni,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to hosing you and your family the next time you are in San Diego.

Sacramento, California
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Hotel was very well equipped, separate bedroom, 2 tvs, full kitchen, fireplace, pool and tennis court, popcorn and coffee in the room. Room was clean and well decorated. My only gripe was that the bed seemed short to me. I am 6 feet tall, but my feet hung over the end. I am used to a California King, so maybe I am spoiled. It also seemed like the walls were a little thin as I could hear the shower upstairs and a woman talking on the phone in the room next door.

They have a wonderful happy hour with not only free food, but free wine and good local beer on tap as well. They also offer up a full breakfast. This is a really nice place to stay in San Diego. A little bit to get to downtown and the beaches, but you can't beat the price for what you get in amenities.

Room Tip: Some concerns expressed about the freeway noise, but I didn't notice it on the first floor. May...
4 Thank Mark W
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Mark W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I think you will be pleased to know that we will be replacing all boxsprings and beds in 2015. Hopefully when you are back with us next year your feet wont hang off the bed.

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed all of the amenities and complimentary breakfast and the evening hospitality.

We look foward to hosting you again the next time you are in San Diego.

Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

I have been staying at Marriotts for years and have received only the best service and accommodations. I would like to personally thank Theressa and Ketar who greeted us and made my family feel so welcome. They went way past my expectation in customer care. And as I am in the service industry it amazes me that they are able to keep it consists t world wide...
Erik Randolph

3 Thank Erandolf11
Erandolf11,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I hear the same comments over and over again about the service our staff provdes our guests and I absolutely love it. I will be sure to share your comments with both Ketan and Theresa.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I'm staying at this hotel while house hunting for a job relocation. This hotel is excellent! The staff (Janice, Theresa, Cally, and Billy) are extremely friendly and accommodating. They have made my stay comfortable and roll out the red carpet treatment with their attentive and accommodating service. The rooms are clean, quiet and comfortable, the grounds are well maintained, parking is generous, and the location is near restaurants and grocery stores in the desirable Carmel Mountain community. I chose this location based on a co-worker's trusted recommendation and I will highly recommend this Residence Inn to co-workers, friends and family.

3 Thank RoadWarrior143
RoadWarrior143,

I'm so glad to hear you are enjoying our hotel and the service our staff is providing.

I read comments such as yours all the time and it just reaffirms what we are doing here at the Residence Inn Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff.

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

I normally stay at the Sorrento Mesa location but the Marriott rewards was offering a free night stay at one of their category 4 locations as a promotion.......I can certainly see why this hotel is a category 4....in my opinion it should be a catergory 1 or 2. I called 1 day ahead to book a reservation for my family of 5......the free night promo only allows you to book a studio but its at the hotel's descretion to upgrade you to a larger room in which they agreed to do so. I wanted to check in on Monday but there were no 2 bdrm suites available to accomodate my family size so I made the reservation for tuesday requesting an early check-in. When I spoke with the person at the front desk named Thereasa she said my room wasn't quite ready so she would call me after lunch. Thereasa never called so I decided to drive out and check-in after 4:00pm but when I got there Ketan (front desk rep) told me that he could not upgrade me to a 2 bedroom and that there was a 4 person max for a studio room.....by this time I was livid!! Ketan was very unaccomodating, unfriendly, and seemed very irritated! He left me and my family sitting in rge lobby with no place to go for the night so I decided to take matters into my own hands and contacted the Marriott's customer care department....they were very accomodating....they gave me 2, 000 points and contacted the front desk to upgrade me to a 2bdrm suite.....Dehl is also a front desk rep and she was very nice and understanding......but when I checked my family in the room the bathrooms were filthy and disgusting!!! The showers had mold in the grout!! Ketan tried to argue with me by saying it was just water so i took a napkin and rubbed and gook appeard to his surprise! They offered to move me to a different room which wasn't so bad but bottom line, I would not recommend this place to ANYONE (not even your pets)!!!!

3 Thank katrinad331
Katrina D,

Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.

While I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us, I would like to respectfully disagree with your comments. We have the absolute best staff at this hotel as you can see from the numerous comments here on TripAdvisor. The very assosicates you mention that did not provide good customer service are the same associates that are mentioned repeatedly here on TripAdvisor. Again, if we failed to meet your expectations, I do apologize.

As for the cleanliness of your room, I know we provided a couple of different rooms for you but none of which met your expectations. I did personally check the second room to ensure it met Marriott standards. I found the room to be in perfect condition, I'm not sure where you found the items that you presented to the front desk as I can assure you they were not there when I inspected the room.

I know we have provided you 20,000 marriott reward points for your inconvenience. I see that you live here in San Diego and I hope you will be able to find another hotel that can meet your standards the next time you are looking for accommodations.