Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch
Ranked #4 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Perfect”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Our first trip with friends to San Diego. This hotel was very clean. The Staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. Theresa was wonderful with "tourist" attractions. The staff who presented the breakfast took great pride with their presentation and quality of food. They cleaned up the tables so quickly. I used the small but clean work-out room. Impressed with the treadmill-very nice. I would definitely stay here again!

Green Features: I think this is perfect if you want to go explore San Diego and have a nice, new, clean, friendly place to sleep.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Julie J,

I'm so glad to hear about your first trip to the Residence Inn Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch. It sounds like it will not be your last.

Thank you for your kind comments about our team and our hotel, we are very proud of the service and accommodatons we provide all of our guests. I will be sure to share this with our staff.

Thank you fo taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

Greg Schmidt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Tupelo
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Convienent to highway, restaurants, and stores. The hotel has a very friendly staff that is very helpful. The free breakfast and supper during the week is very nice and convienent. Would recomend to anyone. Teresa at the front desk is great also, will help any way she can to make your stay enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2014
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
jharmon86,

Well I couldn't agree with you more, we have the absolutely perfect location for our guests. As you said, we are very close to several restaurant choices and some great shopping. We are also close to all the major freeways.

I'm so glad to hear that Theresa took such great care of you during your stay.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for 5 weeks now for business, and the fact that I haven't switched in those 5 weeks should tell you something.

Excellent staff! Everyone at the front desk has been very helpful, even with some odd requests. They almost all know me by name now. Ketan frequently asks how I am doing and we chat about random things and he goes out of his way to call me on my cell to inform me of room changes or availability.
Janice worked with me to ensure I would have the same room after only being gone for one day.
Theresa is always polite and professional and knows my name as well. She has been a great help whenever I need to extend my stay.
The cleaning staff was so nice they offered to store my food in one of their fridges while I checked out for a day!
I've never had a problem with anyone on staff and anything I've needed they've been able to accommodate me.

Other perks include free dinner and beer and wine Monday - Wednesday, but the only downside is it's usually the same 3 meals every week. Julia the hostess is a sweetheart! People don't tip her enough for drinks!

Rooms are very spacious with a living room with a couch and a small kitchen area complete with dishwasher, fridge, microwave, and stove. No oven. The stove has two burners in very close proximity that can be hard to use both at the same time.

Great location too. Tons of shopping/ dining nearby. Only 20-25 min drive to San Diego. I only hit traffic when you get downtown.

Room Tip: Try to request a room/ building close to the lobby, because you might end up in buildings that are a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Nick M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

I'm not sure if you've read through any of the other comments posted but they all have a commong theme, great service. It is this type of superior customer service that sets us apart and keeps our guests coming back.

We do actually also provide full stoves with ovens in our two bedroom suites. I will personally work with Julia and team to see how we can extend the variety of evening hospitality food selections.

Thanks again and I will be sure to share your comments with our entire staff.

Yokohama, Japan
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I stay at this hotel many times because my company is very near to this hotel. I'm very surprise to meet Theresa-san at the Front Desk who speaks Japanese and provide excellent service! She know very much how to take care of her foreign guest. It's so comfortable knowing someone knows about customer service! She goes extra mile to make guest very happy and satisfied. Not too many employees knows The Art of Customer Service! This hotel is very lucky to have Theresa-san.

This hotel is very convenient to restaurants and plaza mall. The rooms has kitchen, feels like a mini condo. Free breakfast every morning and beginning of the week they have free happy hour.
The hotel are well managed by the wonderful staff…like Theresa-san! She always cleaning.

Arigato Theresa-san! Yorushiko onegaishimasu!

Room Tip: Balcony room is very refreshing! And back of hotel is quite.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
takashimaya9,

You are absolutely correct, we are very lucky to have Theresa on our team at the Residence Inn Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch. If you look at the TripAdvisor comments over the past 3 months, you will see Theresa's name on more than half of them. Thankfully, we also have many other staff members who are also mentioned. This is why I love going to work each day.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and thank you for making the Residence Inn your home away from home.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I have been staying in this hotel in the past for at least three times.
The room is comfortable and relaxing. it does feel almost like home.
I am familiar with few front desk staffs and they are all very friendly. Hetal, Angelina, and Dhel made me feel welcome. They are always ready to assist if I have any requests/questions.
I love the surroundings - there are lots of shops and restaurants nearby.

One thing I wish the hotel could improve is the speed of internet in the room. It just feel relatively slow sometimes.

Room Tip: If you stay in building-one level-two, you will be waken up by the smell of hot breakfast every morn...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
KOK LEONG L,

Great news, we are in the process of upgrading our internet. By the end of April, our guests will enjoy internet speed 10x faster than the current speed. We are very excited about this as we will have the fastest internet in the Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain area.

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I'm sorry that our internet was slow while you were here. Please be sure to come back the next time you are in San Diego and I promise, you will not be disappointed with our internet.

San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I recently stayed at the property for 3 days and it was fabulous! Updated, very clean room, comfortable bed, tons of room! It really was like staying home away from home -- would highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
GregM-Schmidt, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Kathleen C,

Mission accomplished. That's exactly what we strive for, making people feel like it's their home away from home. In fact, that's exactly what the Residence Inn Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch was designed for.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. We hope to see you again the next time you are in San Diego.

Forney, Texas
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My family and I were able to visit San Diego for Spring Break. This was an enjoyable week. The property was very nice but the service was even better. We have never met a hotel staff member as nice as Ketan! He was such a nice man. He took his time in explaining where the best sight seeing spots were and directions in getting there. What a pleasant trip. Ketan made it easy and fun!
I truly appreciate you Ketan for the time you took for our family.
Thank you.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
A B,

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your time at the Residence Inn Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch.

We have an amazing staff here that continually go above and beyond for our guests and Ketan certainly embraces this philosophy.