“Gem near hotel”

Petrini's Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Petrini's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #463 of 4,933 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Petrini's is a small family owned Italian restaurant. My family has been in the business since 1958. We serve tried true recipes from my family. We make everything homemade in the restaurant . We specialize in our housemade sausage and sauces. As my Nono use to say "La Famiglia Mangia". (the family eats)
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were looking for a small dinner and this proved perfect. Nice atmosphere, close to our hotel. Helpful wait staff. We split our dinner. the waitress was helpful and made it easy. Food was excellent.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Located near our hotel, we passed by several times and finally tried it for dinner on our last evening in San Diego. We arrived around 6:15 on a Friday night and were seated immediately. While the dinner menu looked good, we decided against dinner and went for appetizers and salad.

My wife had an Antipasto salad, a side of garlic bread and iced tea. I had chili, sliders and Italian beer. Wait staff was very helpful with recommendations. My wife was advised to get a half order of both the garlic bread and the antipasto. Wow. The half orders were certainly more than enough for one.

They apparently only serve Italian beer, and the server helped me choose one as I was unfamiliar with them.

My wife's food was very good as were my sliders. Chili was okay, but had more vegetables than I am used to. I wasn't impressed with the Italian beer.

Overall a good experience and a good value. Our bill came to just over $35.00 including tax and before tip.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We visited for brunch on Sunday while staying downtown for the weekend and it was an excellent choice. We were a little wary when there was only one other person eating when we arrived, but were not disappointed beyond that. My husband had alfredo chicken tortellini and I had the smoked salmon appetizer pizza. Both were spot-on and absolutely delicious. The only way my mimosa could have been better is if it was bottomless. Service by the bartender was good and she made good recommendations, but there weren't too many other customers for her to be worried about at the time anyway. I am vey much looking forward to trying more of their menu next time and would highly recommend trying this gem in Little Italy.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We went to Petrini's for lunch upon our arrival since it was close to hotel. We were not extremely hungry, and they sell half portions. Had great salad with my lunch

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Just as I said, not bad. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but not great. Ho-hum, so-so, OK. I got the Canneloni and the flavor was mild. Disappointed in the sauce, but it was baked perfectly.

Long and short: while I wouldn't tell you to not go here I would suggest any of the other restaurants within walking distance of here that I found exceptional. Petrini's=average