2 people are viewing this hotel
travelup.com$166
Vio.com$118
Hotels.com$118
1,338 results
All reviews business trip hotel restaurant balboa park valet parking old town freeway downtown conference uber zoo sd
Selected filters
Reviewed July 6, 2019 via mobile

Let's start off with after check in and had to immediately get ready for a event only to find out that they put me and my husband who is 6'0 and 6'5 in an handicapped room which means that the shower is low. Now I go to get in the shower only to find out it was broken. Now we're late for our event and water is everywhere. I will not stay again.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mrsj0320
Khalat T, Manager at Hilton San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2019

Hello Mrsj0320,

Thank you for staying with us. I'm so sorry to hear about the stressful situation! I can assure you it was not the intention of the team. I hope you were able to make it to your event in a timely manner!

Reviewed July 1, 2019

I just wanted to say thank you to the Hilton San Diego Mission Valley especially Johnny Dynh (the event coordinator) for all your hard work last week. From your staff down to the little details that you included it was fantastic. I want to first recognize Johnny’s tireless efforts to coordinate, plan, and access last minute additional resources for the success of the event. Furthermore, our team was hugely impressed with the level of professionalism from the time they arrived to check out.

We held a conference with 40 plus attendees. It was a huge success thanks to the amazingly attentive Johnny and staff that over delivered on everything that they promised. They set up the event meeting space beautifully, the food was outstanding, and the service was impeccable and what can I say about the perfect location. Our attendees came from all over the country to be here and loved their rooms. By the time the event wrapped up, many were asking when we would be having our next event, right here at the Hilton San Diego Mission Valley. Lastly, we cannot wait until next year when we come back to a newly renovated hotel.

Again, congratulations on having built a team that is dedicated to outstanding customer service and making me look forward to when I can return to the San Diego.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank John58224
Khalat T, Manager at Hilton San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2019

Hello John58224,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for the detailed review. I believe the ratings may have selected by mistake. From your commentary, it sounds the hotel met and exceeded your expectations, but the ratings on each category are at a 1, which is the lowest rating. May I please ask that you verify the ratings and adjust if necessary. These ratings are very important to each hotel and i want to make sure the ratings match our guests' experience from each stay, whether they are positive or not.

Reviewed June 27, 2019

We were so looking forward to staying at a nice Hilton property on our recent trip to San Diego. But instead of a location which pleased in appearance and service, this was a non-stop disappointment. I was there with a group for a meeting and the AC was out in the ballroom so we had to squeeze into another room instead. Then, my first trip upstairs to my room and none of the three elevators were working. A front desk person had to help a group of guests through the kitchen and into a disgustingly dirty service elevator. I ended up in that service elevator for two of the three days. Also, I was disappointed that this hotel charges you $27 a night to park! Everything they did was to nickel and dime you here, all the while having rooms that are falling apart and furniture/lamps that needed a renovation three years ago -- mgmt has pushed it too far. No one I spoke to at this conference had anything positive to say about their stay. You can't walk anywhere, it's just a strip location on a busy road and you're stuck at hotel or cabbing it the whole time you are there.

Room tip: Best tip is to avoid this hotel
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank Lindaj99
Khalat T, Manager at Hilton San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2019

Hello Lindaj99,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I'm so sorry to hear of your negative experience. We are working very hard on renovating all 3 of our guest elevators to alleviate any wait times for our guests. We are excited to have 3 brand new elevators in service. While our parking rate may seem steep, it is fairly standard for San Diego. Hotels in the downtown area charge upwards of $50 per night. Parking space is unfortunately in very high demand with San Diego being a tourist destination. I hope you have a more enjoyable stay next time.

Reviewed June 23, 2019

The price of our stay wasn't worth what this hotel had to offer. We should've stayed at the La Quinta three businesses down the road from this hotel. Free continental breakfast, Free parking. Not worth the price you paying for the name like most things in this world.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Khalat T, Manager at Hilton San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2019

Hello Climber05368805857,

Thank you for staying with us. We take great pride in operating this hotel under the Hilton name and all that a Hilton has to offer. Not everyone sees and appreciates the value in this and that's why we are so lucky to have many options to choose from. I hope you enjoy your stay at the La Quinta.

Reviewed June 23, 2019 via mobile

For an older property near hotel circle, Hilton has kept up and modernized the property. Check in was quick, but one of the elevators was out of service. Parking is an upcharge and under ground. Some tight corners for big vehicles. Instead of free coffee, it’s available for
purchase in the restaurant. Pool area is large but the pool is small. Room is clean, well stocked and modern. Staff is attentive.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank 872deanm
Khalat T, Manager at Hilton San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2019

Hello 872deanm,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Mission Valley! Our team works very hard to maintain and upkeep the property to ensure it is in the best shape for our guests. We're delighted your enjoyed your time here. We hope to welcome you back soon!