2 people are viewing this hotel
travelup.com$167
Hotels.com$118
Vio.com$118
1,338 results
All reviews business trip hotel restaurant balboa park valet parking old town freeway downtown conference uber zoo sd
Selected filters
Reviewed May 28, 2019

I am Diamond and did not feel like my loyalty was appreciated. There were zero upgrades opportunities and it is a Hilton that does not have an executive lounge. The lounge I appreciate most during business travel as it provides extra space to stretch out, some snacks and a bigger area to get work done. It also allows business travelers to mingle other than at the bar. The room I received had an odd smell and was nothing to write home about.

Overall, if you have other choices, consider staying elsewhere. It's an old property with a lot of homeless people in the area.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank joedaman88
Khalat T, Manager at Hilton San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2019

Hello joedaman88,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We gladly offer upgrades to our loyal diamond members, when available. We are fortunate to be at capacity almost every night, so that does not leave room for complimentary upgrades every night. If we do have upgrades available, we will be happy to place you in one on your next stay. We do not have an executive lounge at this property - we are proud to offer our guests an upgraded breakfast experience in our Polanco Kitchen & Bar. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2019

Will come back to this hotel. The service was great. Best Mojito drinks i had! Our room was super clean best view. Location is very close to the beach. Never had a problem with parking. Came for a Soccer tournament but definitely coming back!!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Khalat T, Manager at Hilton San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2019

Hello Adventure51205468171,

Thank you for staying with us. I'm glad you enjoyed the mojitos! We'll have one ready for you on your next stay with us!

Reviewed May 25, 2019 via mobile

The elevators took forever during busy times. Do not eat lunch at bar/resturant as our waitress was slower than and waitress/bartender I’ve ever had. We sat for 20 mins before she took our order and it was another 10 before she made our drinks and we were sitting at the bar!!!! Outdoor heaters had no propane and pool towels were hand towels. With a little work this could be a great place to stay.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Motormouthmel N

Hello Melanie M,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm so sorry we dropped the ball with your lunch experience! We take great pride in our Polanco Kitchen & Bar; I apologize we did not provide you with a memorable experience. I'm excited to let you know that we definitely are not using hand towels at our pool. I hope we can welcome you back soon!

Reviewed May 25, 2019

Wonderful check-in service, accommodated our every need. Great location. Easy place to stay with a pet with safe blocks to walk along in immediate area. Comfortable beds. Kind housekeeping. Nice gym onsite. Friendly staff. Convenient on/off highway.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Hello travellovescompany,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your time with your pet. We hope to welcome you both back very soon!

Reviewed May 20, 2019 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel during my daughter’s graduation (SDSU) weekend. The rates were reasonable, our room at the back of the hotel was quiet, clean and comfortable.

Highlights

The hotel was centrally located and near a lot of large chain restaurants (Gordon Biersch, Lazy Dog, Tender Greens) and some lesser known restaurants (Pick up Sticks, The Kebab Shop) and a of couple malls (an average one and an upscale one with high end stores).

I slept like a baby which is typically difficult for me so that was a huge plus.

The shower was really nice and spacious. Glad they did away with the tub, they are usually too small to soak in anyway.

The lobby always smelled really good like walking into a spa and the personnel were very friendly and helpful.

The hotel had a paint nite activity in the bar during two of the evenings we were there which seemed fun. However we were running around a lot with activities so didn’t have time to participate.

I would definitely consider staying here on my next trip to San Diego.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Hello Traveling-kimber,

Thank you for the review! We're a big fan of our lobby scent, too! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to get some quality sleep. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to San Diego.