2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$110
travelup.com$119
Travelocity$110
Lol.travel$138
1,339 results
All reviews business trip hotel restaurant balboa park valet parking old town freeway downtown uber zoo sd
Selected filters
Reviewed April 9, 2019 via mobile

Firstly the good stuff, breakfast was good, plenty of choice, not cheap if you pay on the day but was ok as we had it as a package.
Rooms are clean but very tired and shabby looking, the rest of the place seems to have been done up nicely enough, rooms towards the highway are noisy 24/7.
Pool area was kept clean and tidy and was a nice area to use.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Maisy12345
Khalat T, Manager at Hilton San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2019

Hello Maisy12345,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave a review. I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast package deal! We take pride in maintaining the cleanliness and condition of our hotel at all times. The hotel has been around for quite some time; we've done our best to help it age well. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 3, 2019

Overall, the hotel is fine. Clean room, service was friendly and accommodating. There was a problem with the jacuzzi the first day we were there (no heat), but by the end of the day it was fixed. Parking prices (even with a room deal that included parking) are outrageous. Only one hook in the bathroom, making it inconvenient for 2 people to hang bathing suits and robes.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Culture04981042755
Khalat T, Manager at Hilton San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2019

Hello Culture04981042755,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Mission Valley. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. We appreciate the feedback and will use your comments as we work to improve our operation.

-K

Reviewed April 3, 2019

Hilton app only displays parking rates once hotel is booked, this hotel is ridiculous on parking charges, stayed 3 weeks ago, self park was on sign at $21, they charged me $24, now it is at $27. They offer a lower nightly rate and then gouge on parking. Their pricing is not transparent at all and I would urge travelers to look up other locations in the area, just as nice and charge $0, ZERO for parking. Specifically, the Hilton properties in Del Mar, a short drive with no parking fees.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
4  Thank 724brianr
Khalat T, Manager at Hilton San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2019

Hello 724brianr,

Thank you for staying with us. We work diligently to ensure our parking rates and any other hotel details are properly listed on our website, the Hilton Honors app, and any third party sites. I'm so sorry that you may have missed the parking rates while booking your reservation. While the parking fee may seem steep, it is actually fairly standard in the San Diego area. We charge about half of what hotels in the downtown area charge. I hope you have a more enjoyable stay at your next hotel.

-K

Reviewed April 1, 2019 via mobile

As someone who stays at the Hilton three weeks a month in different cities I can say with certain that this is the MOST subpar Hilton of my life.

The building lobby is pretty but then the halls and room walls look like a run down halfway house. Chunks missing from the walls, a bucket in the hallway catching falling roof bits.

Oh and my bathroom and show have hair from about 6 different people. I am so grossed out. Before I ever stayed in this location again I would sooner get a tent and camp out up the road near the on ramp. The Hilton brand should be ashamed.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank biztravelblues

Hello biztravelblues,

I'm so sorry we fell short of your expectations. I'm unsure how we managed hair from 6 different people, but I can assure you that does not fall within how we operate our hotel. I hope you have a more enjoyable stay at your next hotel.

Reviewed March 25, 2019

We booked two rooms here through booking.com for a one night visit to San Diego. We got to the hotel about 8:30 and were dead tired after a long day of touring the area. The first problem we had was that they could not find our reservation. I had a confirmation number but was told that was the booking companies confirmation. After about a half hour and a few phone calls to the booking agent they were finally able to locate our reservation. I've used booking.com many many times before and have never had an issue with the reservation before.

Then after we finally got to our rooms, one room was fine.....but the other one wreaked of cigarette smoke. I immediately called the front desk and was first offered to have housekeeping come up and "clean it up". After I insisted on a room change we were given a different room. I've never had a room at a 4 star hotel smell like cigarette smoke....and not just a little, it was terrible.

If the reservation had been handled correctly and both rooms would have been like the first one, I probably would have given 5 stars. As it was, I would not try the place again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank MnMidwesTraveler

Hello MnMidwesTraveler,

Thank you for staying with us. I'm so sorry to hear about the negative experiences you faced at check-in. We are a smoke free hotel and do not allow smoking in any of our rooms. There are, unfortunately, some guests that disregard these policies. I apologize that you had to experience this along with the reservation issue. It is never our intention to put a damper on any of our guests' travels. I hope you will consider staying with us on your future visits to San Diego.