Lowest prices for your stay
$118
$118
Hilton
$116
travelup.com$167
Hotels.com$118
Travelocity$118
1,338 results
All reviews business trip hotel restaurant balboa park valet parking old town freeway downtown conference uber zoo sd
Selected filters
Reviewed September 6, 2016 via mobile

Everyone that I had any contact with was genuinely hospitable.
The room was lovely and everything that I needed. And was quite clean, though the counter in the bathroom didn't seem to have been wiped down prior to my arrival.

The only real criticism is that the executive lounge leaves something to be desired after the breakfast hours. Other lounges I've been to have more to offer in the afternoon than soda and peanuts. It is a great space to meet up with colleagues and catch up on email, it's just not that inviting.

The cinnamon ice cream is a must. Get it via room service or in the restaurant. I swapped it out with the vanilla on my cookie sundae. All that was missing was pecans in the cookie and you'd have the best desert I could ever conceive of.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank ayjay28970
Jayson Z, General Manager at Hilton San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2016

Your review has made me crave some of that cinnamon ice cream, such a unique offering in our great Polonco Kitchen & Bar Restaurant. We appreciate the recommendation for the cookie sundae!

Reviewed September 5, 2016 via mobile

Will never stay in this hotel again. Stayed here because it's dog friendly and in a good location. We are traveling with two large dogs (Lab and Belgian Tervuren) and a toddler.

All the valet guys are cool throughout our stay, even helped with restaurant ideas. One room is 221 so we're right next to the gym. Annoying, especially with the paper thin walls, but we can deal with it.

The dog potty area is a patch of fake grass but it's secluded so it'll work and the breakfast at their on site restaurant is amazing.

But then.. 1130 at night and there is a herd of young girls running up and down our hallway. Go outside to say something and they look at me like I'm crazy. Our Belgian is young, only 10 months so he's freaking out at all the commotion. Go downstairs with scared puppy to say something to the guy at reception. He acted like I was bothering him. Notice the drunk people surrounding the elevator so try to take the stairs back up but the material is too difficult for pup to walk on. Go to elevator and get harassed by group of drunk people. I'm from Vegas so cool whatever you guys are having fun and I'll ignore you but nope. One guy says my dog is a German Shepherd and only police should be allowed to own those then proceeds to tell me he will shoot my dog. Oh and a security guard is standing there watching this. I'm a 5'3 female all by myself with a scared puppy and security guard stands there like he isn't being paid enough.

I understand that the world is full of annoying people but I guess I had assumed it would be the hotel's responsibility to enforce.. I don't know some rules maybe?

Have to pay for parking, no microwave, broken fridge, toilet paper the belongs on an airplane, and employees that don't seem to care about anything that goes on here. Wouldn't stay here again if it were free.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank Jessica B
Reviewed September 2, 2016

Stayed here for moving our son into SDSU. It was just a few minutes from the school. Hotel has a really nice lobby to grab a glass of wine and just hang out. Location is great just a short walk to restaurants and shopping. Parking cost at $22 was a bit steep. Gym has a few cardio machines and a set of dumbbells with a bench which isn't much but it did the job. Only problem we had was that housekeeping didn't leave any stir sticks for coffee and left the old coffee bag in the coffee maker, Yuk!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here with the family for a weekend getaway and what a beautiful and clean hotel. The front desk clerk was so friendly when she checked us in.

The Polanco bar was always very good. We had drinks at night in the bar and Alex served us. He is a true asset to your establishment, he is so friendly and makes an awesome margarita!

We will definitely be back soon!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2016

We were extremely pleased at the level of service this hotel provided. Nicole at the front desk created a very special stay. We could not be more satisfied. Thank you Nicole. The personal touch you gave us makes all the difference in the world!

• Trip type: Traveled with family