Review Highlights

Reviewed August 21, 2017
aliciaw1012
Salt Lake City, Utah
via mobile
Best day of the month for my nephew visiting from Italy

Reviewed May 25, 2017
Veronique C
San Diego, California

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

We booked a two hour lesson for our two boys, ages 8 & 10. We met Christian at Dog Beach in Del Mar where he got the boys into awesome wetsuits & then Greg came to teach their lesson. Greg is an incredible teacher; both boys were surfing within minutes, even though it was their first time. He even taught them to tandem surf on one board, amazing! This is one of the coolest things we've had our kids try & do. Book a lesson today! I would recommend them to anyone!

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed May 25, 2017

Today I treated my nephew visiting from Italy for a surf lesson with Progressive Surf Academy and he had a blast! Christian had a commitment so he recommended Jason. He showed up in time with a big smile on his face. Paolo really enjoyed his lesson, and learned a lot about the "technique" of surfing. Jason spent time in explaining it in detail and Paolo was very happy to see results right away. Standing on the board and riding several waves was very rewarding for him, who had spent several days on his own trying to figure out how to do it. Jason is not only very professional, but does everything with a lot of enthusiasm which is very contagious! My nephew said it was the best day of his vacation!

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed May 10, 2017

My family took lessons with Progressive Surf Academy in early May. I have 3 kids ages 6, 10 and 10. Our instructors were Peyton and Spencer. Both Peyton and Spencer were very knowledgeable and fun to hangout with. Our kids had fun with them and absolutely loved surfing. Owner Christian really knows how to pick the best spot to surf and is great to work with. Besides being a surf pro with great insights into teaching, he is a great communicator, down-to-earth person, and solid business man. Thanks for a great time and introducing our family to surfing. We'll be back for sure!

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed April 9, 2017

Our two teenage sons and a friend took a 2-hour beginner longboard lesson from Christian at Progressive Surf Academy, and all found surfing success their very first time on the board! Christian selected equipment and a perfect location to match their level, then provided simple, step-by-step instructions and feedback on surfing techniques and safety. The boys all came out of the water with smiles on their faces and couldn't wait to book another lesson!

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed October 10, 2016 via mobile

I accompanied my wife Ina business trip to San Diego and took an intermediate/advanced standup paddle board surf lesson with Christian (the owner). He is the best SUP instructor that I have met thus far. I have a Board myself, which I use at the Jersey shore over the summer, but I still struggle to catch waves. Christian was very good in pointing out what I was doing wrong and gave me plenty of suggestion for how to improve my techniques. Over the course of more than two hours I was able to catch some nice waves and I had some awesome rides. Christian provided all the gear, including a wetsuit. Next time I am back in San Diego, I will definitely reach out to him again. He has my highest recommendations!

Date of experience: October 2016