Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar
Fairmont.com
$255
$223
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$157
$126
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$282
$260
$151
  • Breakfast included
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$207
$178
  • Beachfront
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
$323
ParadisePoint.com
  • Pool
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$219
1,091 results
All reviewsfront deskquiet areatorrey pinesgreat place to stayshort drivebusiness centereasy accesshotel restaurantbusiness tripvery nice hotelfitness centercomplimentary breakfasthgizenobialobbyfirmnessaly
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. It has a beautiful atmosphere. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean. If I'm ever in this area and need a room I will definitely come here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is the 7th time we stay at this property and we love it. Traveling with kids you needs to carry lots of stuff, and my experience is that most SD hotels you valet park (at $15-$25) and then you dont see your car again until you leave. At this hotel, parking is free, and you can park feet away from the door, making the loading and unloading of luggage so easy. The rooms are always clean and fresh. All rooms have a microwave oven and a mini-fridge which I love and use often. There is a vons supermarket 2-3min drive away which is also convenient.

The hotel is about 15min from Sea World, 5 min from Torrey Pines Beach, 5min from la Jolla, and about 5-10min from Del Mar Fair, so most things you want to do are fairly close to. Its nice to be able to leave the city in a more relaxed setting.

The hotel has a little bar and a restaurant on the first floor. Breakfast is awesome, for 11 dollars you can get a full breakfast per person. The bar has decent prices and they have really tasty appetizers with very friendly staff.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Kevin E, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

It is our pleasure to have you as such a loyal guest. The team and I appeciate your outstanding comments and highlighting what truly stands out about our property. We are very excited that you had another enjoyable trip to San Diego and look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I am do not have OCD but I do say there there are some benefits and my husband kiddingly calls me Monk at times. Having said that, I am usually very uncomfortable in hotel rooms. But at this place I was ok. CLEAN rooms! Yay! Great, friendly, professional front desk staff. Only odd experience was when our waiter asked us to pay with cash if we could. I meant to ask why but I forgot to. We only ate the breakfast buffet one day. It was plentiful with many options. But the potatoes were not very fresh and the omelet was not very flavorful. Location is a bit far from the downtown San Diego activities and attractions. But the area is nice and seems very safe and peaceful. The pool and jacuzzi are small.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Ericka97
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights on business. Conviently located to the business I was working with. Bed and room were very cozy. Restaurant seemed nice, but i never dined. Would have loved to catch some spa action, but never did.

Room Tip: had a nice room with poolside view
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My family stayed at this hotel in mid-April, and we had stayed here before last 4th of July. In both cases we had a great experience with staff service. The 2 Queen bed room was very clean, and we enjoyed both the adjustable firmness on the beds as well as the comfortable Herman Miller chair when using a laptop. With free parking and free wireless/wired internet in the room, it is difficult to match the value. In addition, we were able to get the breakfast package for 2 adults and 2 children under 12 for just ~$12/day extra for all four of us; the hot made-to-order breakfast and the buffet have significantly high food quality compared to most hotels we've been to around the country. Driving down to La Jolla, San Diego Zoo and downtown were all very easy (<25 min) and shortened our return drive up north. Note that this is not the type of hotel with any stores or malls or other attractions within walking distance, so a car is needed. If you are interested in good value between quality rooms, quality service and reasonable price, this is a location worth considering.

Room Tip: Call about the breakfast packages as they are not always shown on their website.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family