“Fantastic for people (and dog) watching”

Ocean Beach Dog Beach
Ranked #54 of 439 things to do in San Diego
Heber Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fantastic for people (and dog) watching”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had never been to a beach were dogs are welcomed. It was fascinating to watch the dogs interact and play. I didn't take a dog with me, as I was 1000 miles from home but I was so impressed at the way the dog owners not only interacted with each other but cleaned up after their dogs. We sat on the beach for hours trying to identify all the dog breeds. I never saw one aggressive or misbehaving dog. It was fun to watch them frolic and play in the water. Ocean Beach public beach is just south on the other side of the causeway so take a stroll from one side to the other and see how the other half lives.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank SusieLou1962

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Erda, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“First Time with dog at the Beach”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Dog Beach is beautiful. I hope that more people will clean up after their dogs-cities are taking the beaches from dogs and their owners, because unthinking pet parents let their dog's "dirt" be left behind. For the most part this location was quite clean and the shore was teeming with furry friends. My dog has never been on such a long drive and never to such a lovely fun filled place. He got so worn out by our adventures. What a great spot.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Sherry O
Olivenhain, CA
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Dog Beach in Del Mar is the Greatest!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We love to take our dog to Dog Beach in Del Mar. Just watching the dogs chase balls and each other lowers our blood pressure and makes us smile. Only negative is that it does not allow dogs off leach after June 16 through labor day.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Joseph858
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great Adventure with your Furry Friend”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Especially for those that don't have regular access to a beach or the ocean with their canine companion, like me and my little fur baby! Just be prepared that your dog may lap up a bit of salt water and get a bit of the runs later in the day!

Visited June 2012
Utah
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Wet dogs! Happy dogs!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

There is no greater doggy joy than humans & their furry best friends splashing in the waves together. We've visited Dog Beach half a dozen times or so over the years, and we've never encountered dogs nor owners behaving badly. It is simply one of my favorite places on earth when our dogs are in tow.

Note: it is not enclosed or fenced in at all, and dogs must be kept off neighboring beaches if they are unleashed. If you have a bolter, you might consider keeping them on-leash. There is a fine if your doesn't stay where he/she belongs.

Visited August 2012