“Great breakfast place in...”

Richard Walker's Pancake House
Ranked #25 of 4,933 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Since 1948, the Walker family name has become synonymous with quality family dining. The family has since perfected its reputation for outstanding gourmet pancakes and breakfasts. We offer a large variety of gourmet breakfast and lunch items, including pancakes, crepes, waffles, omelettes, Belgian waffles, and more! Richard Walker’s starts with the finest blend of whole Prime Roasted Coffee beans sourced from Central America with all its sealed-in flavor intact. Then, we ground just enough for each pot of coffee – one pot at a time. That rich, full-bodied flavor and aroma is retained in the freshly ground coffee itself. From there, it’s only a matter of a minute from the whole bean to a cup of the best coffee you have ever tasted.
Reviewed July 9, 2008

Great breakfast place in San Diego!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Write a ReviewReviews (1,311)

Reviewed April 25, 2008

Best Breakfast in town!!!

Reviewed February 11, 2008

Besides long line in the mornings (weekend) the place is nice, the omletes are the best ever - baked !

Reviewed February 8, 2008

Be prepared to sit VERY close to your neighbors. If you are looking for an intimate place for breakfast, skip this place.
Swedish pancakes w/ ligonberries were wonderful. Coffee great and a bottomless pot is always welcome.
Eat here again? Probably would not go out of my way.

Reviewed February 1, 2008

We are from out of town and this was our first experience with this restaurant. We arrived 20 minutes before they were closing, yet we were told that we could not order what we wanted since the oven had already been turned off. That caught me by surprise since I work in a restaurant and if you are open until a certain time you should be able to accomodate guests until you close. I kinda let my surprise show and just told the waiter that I work in the industry and thought that was unusual. He came back later and said that they actually had turned off the oven since they were going to work on it, but neither my husband nor I really "bought" this since it wasn't the original story we got. Overall, we found our the service to be indifferent and almost unwelcoming. My husband ordered eggs and pancakes and he thought the pancakes were extremely tasty. I got a grilled cheese sandwich and chicken noodle soup- it wasn't bad but the soup had one small piece of chicken in it and the sandwich was hardly browned. Add a few pieces of chicken and finish browning the sandwich and it probably would have gone from not bad to very good. I probably wouldn't return, but if you decide to go be sure you get there well before they close since they don't seem to appreciate their paying guests that come the last 1/2 hour. We tried 4 different restaurants in this area and this one was at the bottom of our list-mostly because of the service.