“Superb restaurant”
Review of Addison Restaurant

Addison Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Addison Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #231 of 4,804 Restaurants in San Diego
Cross street: Carmel Country Road
Bromley, United Kingdom
“Superb restaurant”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We ate here on my birthday as we were staying at the resort. The food was fantastic out of this world. The extensive wine list was amazing. The service was very attentive without being overbearing. The ambiance was outstanding it was an experience that I will never forget.

• Visited June 2012

Silicon Valley, CA
“It's Like Living Through an Art Exhibit”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

First, let me address the few reviews that criticized the prices or formality: what did you expect, restaurant-chain portions and prices?

Addison is the best dining my family has ever experienced. Each course was a work of art and the service and ambiance complimented that artistry. We were celebrating our 35th anniversary on Christmas Eve and chose the special seven-course menu - wow, truly incredible. I assure you none of us left the restaurant thinking about the high prices. I am confident this is a meal experience we will always remember. Hey, maybe my wife will put up with me for a few more years after I took her there.

Suggestions:
- Schedule this experience for a special occasion and reserve well ahead of time
- Dress up a bit - I normally prefer jeans, but felt more comfortable with slacks and a sport coat
- The wait staff might appear formal as they focus on their role and being considerate of your special event. That said, don't be afraid to engage them in dialog - they're genuinely nice people with a lot of knowledge about the food, decor, etc.
- They will ask about any food sensitivities or preferences before they begin - one of us needed gluten-free and preferred no shell-fish. Not an issue.
- Allow a full evening to bask in this experience - relax and enjoy the ride.

Finally, this won't be for everyone - especially if you'll stress over the cost. We're not rich by any measure, but we splurge on rare occasions for unique experiences that deliver on value, which Addison did. As indicated earlier, this experience will remain a positive family memory for many years - definitely worth it to us.

Thanks for reading.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank GWBrooks
Porter Ranch, California, United States
“Ubbbbbbber”
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Service is highly, intensively, passionately attentive. There are about 5-7 people waiting on a single table. Not a single word is uttered as they quietly came to refresh my wine, water and take away the plates. Not once did I need to flag the server for they already read mind and were in motion before I could say anything. I've dined in many fancy and upscale dining but this was by far the "fanciest". The food itself was no less stellar. It was just an amazing night of feeling like a royalty....until the final bill came. Hahaha. Very memorable night but won't be able to afford it again for many years to come.

Fairfax Station, Virginia
“Top shelf San Diego restaurant”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Some say Addison has received 3 Michelin Stars - I haven't been able to confirm, but I ate there and it is superb. Amazing decor and ambiance, phenomenal wine list and service.

Visited November 2012
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
“Perhaps the best restaurant in the country”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Addison deserves at least 6 stars, perhaps 10! We were privileged to dine at Addison the evening of 11/14/12. I suppose that technically it is dining however the experience encompasses SO much more than that. I have had more than my share of memorable dining around the world and I remember them vividly however NONE of them could possibly compete with the service, style and out of this world cuisine of Addison. The wine pairings with each and every course were truly inspired - absolutely perfect. The entire staff including the valet are bright, engaging and the very best of the best. The "room" is elegant and immaculate. We had the opportunity to meet chef Bradley and some of the kitchen staff as well. Mr. Bradley could not have been kinder in conversation with us and we could not thank him and his staff enough for providing us with our best dining experience to date. I doubt it will ever be surpassed, unless of course we make a return trip to Addison, which we most assuredly will do. As a side note - as we peered into the large kitchen while speaking with Chef Bradley - I MUST comment that the kitchen was absolutely THE CLEANEST ROOM I have EVER seen in my life. Absolutely immaculate - as was every other aspect of our "experience" at Addison.

• Visited November 2012