“Unique Services - Nice Hotel - Great Location”

Hard Rock Hotel San Diego
Ranked #35 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Was greeted by front desk personnel that had their favorite artist on their name badge instead of their customary home town. Then I was asked for the type of music I wanted playing in my room. The room was contemporary, clean, and well done. The highlight of my stay was the attentive Housekeeping staff member, Berta who expressed concern about how I felt my room was maintained and was extremely pleasant and sincerely nice. Well done Hard Rock!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Matt D, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thanks for your awesome review, Joel! We’re glad you enjoyed everything about your stay and we’ll share your feedback with Berta. See you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Hard Rock Hotel San Diego

Reviewed November 24, 2013

If you are a business traveler just stay away and pick a traditional hotel. My reservation didn't match the room description. My bill didn't even have my name on it. The manager couldn't figure out what card he charged the room on. The minibar was full of expired dates. I walked in my room to grab my laptop and the cleaning lady had the door wide open peeing right in front of me and the rest of the hall. The location was awesome but the service will keep me away from this place.

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos
Matt D, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Hi Bruce, we’re sorry about your stay. One of our managers would like to learn more about your experience. Can you reach out to us at customerservice (at) hardrockhotelsd.com?

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Just got back from an overnight stay @ the HRH. We splurged and rented 3 suites for our daughter's Sweet 16 and were nervous going into it. The girls were made to feel welcome, as opposed to just under-age, immediately. Our bellman Justin went above and beyond to help us all settle in. Also VIP check-in was a really, really nice touch.
Every single employee we interacted with was friendly & professional. Not sure if it's a prerequisite to work there, but the girls pointed out that all the guys were all "extremely attractive" :-)
Thank-you also to Ryan who was very helpful at checkout - a potentially cumbersome experience with the great package we booked and 3 different rooms.

Room Tip: Only complaint: reservation agents are not on-site and obviously are under-trained. When I booked...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

We’re so glad your daughter had an amazing Sweet 16! We appreciate your great feedback, and we’ll share it with our team.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Stayed at the Hard Rock from 11/09/13-11/13/13. Upon arriving at approximately 10:00pm, I had no idea where to check-in. I walked up to what I thought was the check-in desk and it was actually the concierge desk. He was kind enough to point me to the "front desk" which was actually a computer on a stand with a person standing behind it (I thought it was a work station!). It was very difficult to communicate with the front desk person as the music coming from the nightclub was extremely loud and permeated throughout the entire lobby area. Check-in was easy enough and the room was very clean. I did find it unusual that the bathroom door was a sliding door and not one that actually closed. Because I was there for a convention, I shared a room and this was somewhat uncomfortable as nothing actually closed.

Even though the room was clean and updated, it was unfortunate that the music from the nightclub could still be heard five floors up!

If you're in San Diego for vacation and looking to party, I most definitely would recommend this hotel. If you're in San Diego for a trade show, and even though the trade show hall was right across the street, you'd be better suited in a more traditional hotel.

The outside hotel bar was located on the 4th floor and was very nice. There was a swimming pool, jacuzzi and courtyard for events. Seating was spread throughout with a great view of the skyline and plenty of couches with natural gas firepits to sit by. I had a simple mixed drink and it was $10, which is way to pricey for my tastes.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor if you'd like peace and quiet.
1  Thank timkay2

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We’re sorry your stay was noisy. We’d love to try to accommodate you on a higher floor during your future visit.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

It's not just about the ability to check out a Fender while you are there, the people are fantastic, the room is great and the restaurants and bars are wonderful. Also really enjoyed the free use of the beach bikes.

1  Thank Jennifer P

Hi Jennifer, we’re thrilled you enjoyed checking out our Fender guitars and bikes. It sounds like you had a great time!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this hotel. The staff, particularly for the VIP reception area, and the bellman service, are fabulous and go out of their way to make your stay comfortable and fun. Where else can you have a Fender bass guitar and equipment delivered personally to your room! MaryJane's is a great restaurant for breakfast (anytime of day) or late night - again, the staff make it an exceptional friendly experience. Nobu, of course, is one of a kind, sushi et al., and I love having it downstairs as a place for drinks and a snack, but as noted by others, it is expensive.

Location is also excellent, particularly if you are in town for a meeting at the convention centre, it's literally right across the street. Lots of good local restaurant in the surrounding gas lamp district.

Overall, I wouldn't stay anywhere else in San Diego, especially if rock n roll is deep in your soul!

1  Thank Michael L

Thank you for your amazing feedback, Michael! We’re so glad you loved everything about your stay and we look forward to seeing you the next time you’re in town.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I cannot say how much I enjoyed my stay. First of a, while l was waiting for another person in my party to arrive, I was immediately impress with the restaurants surrounding the property. Definitely recommend the fish tacos across the street.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I was a little put off by the unrequested add on of a VIP pass, but I was on vacation. The room was spacious, however,a lack of storage space was inconvenient. Be prepared to either share the drawers or live out of your bag for your trip.

The mini bar was WELL stocked. I also liked the mattress and rational shower was great. I recommend calling the front desk to restock the mini bar if you need it, though. We used it only a little for water and beer before we headed out, so it wasn't a big deal for us.

All in all, a great experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Montana_Sailor

We’re glad you enjoyed your stay so much! Thanks for writing your review.