6,103 results
All reviews rock star convention center mary janes rock royalty access pass pool party gaslamp district bachelorette party petco park king suite rooftop pool the gas lamp district mini bar bars and restaurants valet parking great room nobu
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed at the Hard Rock San Diego for one night, the room was nice with a mini bar full of stuff, which I thought was awesome until I saw the pricing I was like wow. So me and my friend decided we would only eat 2 snacks and 2 sodas which should have totaled $20 plus %20 for stocking, which was expensive but convenient so I was okay with that. Check out and everything went good then the next day I get a extra charge for $88 again, $88 isn't much but still called to inquire about it because it was a little much for soda & snacks. When I called they said it was not only the snacks but also 2 bottles of wine from the mini bar, knowing the prices we didn't drink or take any of the alcohol and went to the bar downstairs so I told them I was disputing this because I didn't drink or take those items. I had to wait until Monday to talk to someone about it because they said the manager that deals with that was out. So I left a VM and didn't get a call back by lunch time Monday so I called myself and she said she did her own research and that it was valid. I've talked to another manager since that seemed to want to help but is kind of reluctant. I'm still disputing this and waiting for calls back from a couple different managers there. But just letting you know NOT to go here unless you want to be overcharged for items you didn't receive and pretty much called a liar when calling to dispute it. This has left a bad taste in my mouth and will NEVER be going to any Hard Rock location or buy any of their items in the future. Horrible way to conduct business.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Amber S
Matt D, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thanks for taking to time to share your feedback. We're sorry abut the billing issue. We do have a very streamlined and accurate process for keeping inventory of our mini bars, but occasionally mistakes are made. Hopefully you were able to speak with a manager to resolve this issue, but if not please email customerservice@hardrockhotelsd.com and they can assist you.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Loved the lobby, the hotel room was immaculate and modern, the pool is small but you're not there to swim. Great music by the pool. I CAN't BELIEVE THEY DON'T SERVE COORS LIGHT. The nightclub 207 was amazing, great DJ and chic vibe. Had an awesome time and can't wait to go back!!!

Room Tip: overlooking pool
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank roxie_rae
Matt D, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Sorry about the Coors Light!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Hard Rock is definitely the place to stay when your in San Diego. In the middle of the Gas Lamp District, across the street from the convention center and across the street from the Padres Stadium. Norstroms is a couple of blocks away and the restaurants in Gas Lamp are excellent. The best restaurant though is Mary Janes in the Hard Rock, Eggs Bennedict and Bloody Mary are to die for and great friendly service. The hotel also serves Starbucks and has a to go area with some quick grabs. Rooftop bar is fun, attended a party there. Went to the bar in the front of the hotel lobby, service was not great, they didn't get my roommates drink right and the seats were old and worn and we sunk in.

Check in was very easy although, just ok, service isn't overly nice unless your male. Also, if you are not paying attention as we weren't, you need to put your card into the elevator to get to the next floor, LOL, we had fun greeting people though until we realized what we were doing wrong.

Rooms were clean and cozy, loved the rainfall shower. Hotel was quiet, stayed on the 11th floor and didn't have any issues. Felt safe and had a blast.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Sounds like you had a blast and took full advantage of the Gaslamp District. Hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

My sister and I recently stayed at the Hard Rock San Diego. We are in our early 60's and so enjoyed the photos and music throughout the hotel of the rock groups who were famous during our early years. We were there when it all happened! The ambiance is great and the staff could not be any nicer or helpful or adorable. We had a great stay pretending we were back in the 70's.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're glad we were able to give you a great trip down memory lane.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stay at the HardRock every Sunday for intervention to see great Djs and have fun.
But there is always something going on Downtown its in a great location near Petco Park and in the hart of the Gaslamp Quarter near tons of Nightclubs and restaurants. Right across the street from the San Diego Convention Center,bay and the trolley.The Horton Plaza mall is down the street.One of a kind the services is great.Depending on the day you go you can ask the staff to place you on a floor that wont be to noisy if your gonna sleep.I prefer 8 and up if your gonna sleep and 7 and below if your gonna party. Also late check out is great some times i stay till 2pm> I love the Sunday staff and heres a SHOUT OUT TO( Wildman Maggy(room service)Neil D Bill(engineering)Rolando Carlos(House Keeping)Gary Mike(Security)Nick Patrick Adam Alex Tyler Natalie P Adriana Steven M Tisha C Spencer C Tara Deborah C Hector)10 stars to every one that works on Sunday!
RED I :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thanks for being such a great loyal guest and for the staff shout outs. We'll be sure to pass this along to the team.