“Rock to Sleep”

Hard Rock Hotel San Diego
Ranked #34 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Service was excellent! Great location in walking distance of everything San Diego has to offer.
Rooms were amazing at a reasonable price. Staff makes you feel like you are the king!
Awesome experience overall.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hard Rock Hotel San Diego

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I highly reccomend this hotel to anyone that is coming to San Diego for a visit or even if you live here and are just looking for a fun weekend getaway downtown!
Check in is always a breeze, especially if you have the VIP check in which is accompanied by a cocktail!!!
The hotel itself is very cool and not your normal hotel, it just has a very cool vibe and all the rooms are super comfy yet modern. The beds are super comfortable!!!
I would have to say the thing I love most about staying here is the staff! Everyone from the front desk to the conceirge to the room service and housekeeping staff are just wonderful and always go above and beyond whenever we stay.
I especially love Jessica Cannone, who has helped us with booking several of our stays. She is a GEM! I absolutely love working with her! From VIP check-in, to a beautiful bottle of champagne delivered to our room on my birthday...she goes out of her way to make our stay perfect every single time!
I can not say enough wonderful things about the Hardrock and that is not to say that from time to time I have not had something go wrong...like a phone in my room that didn't work or no hot water when I went to take a shower...those things happen in any hotel from time to time. It's the way the staff handles it and in their case, they not only attempt to fix the problem immediately but figure out what they can do to make your stay an even better one.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Perfect location at the entrance to the Gaslamp District. We arrived Sunday PM with a party in full force. Our room was comfortable and clean. The bed was a bit hard for my liking but my daughter was happy with hers. Very well stocked bar, top shelf stuff! Great cleaning staff. Staff was very accommodating. I did have a key issue and a staff member was giving me a hard time but another took over and quickly handled the situation. I do love the laid back vibe of Hard Rock. Be aware that this is the party place on the weekends.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side or back, away from the train tracks, also further away from the nightclub...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank tanyakimbrough
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I absolutely never write reviews, however we stayed in the Hard Rock last Saturday for a Friends birthday and I would like to say the staff is sensational! Our VIP hostess in the Green Room was AMAZING! She always got our drinks quickly, she walked us to dinner and when we came back escorted us to the club and made sure we were taken care of at our table inside. I gave such an outstanding score because I left my clutch in the night club, they recovered it and found me (using my room key) and returned my belongings to me early Sunday morning, with my phone, credit cards, and ID still inside! I was so grateful!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank MissSunshineJosie
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The Hotel itself is located in a great area-- right in the heart of the Gaslamp quarter, tons of bars and restaurant everywhere. Rates were pretty good and the rooms were nice enough (New, relatively clean, etc.)-- however once the sun goes down, you will have to deal with the sounds of house music and room parties blaring through the walls, the floor and ceiling-- as I can only assume the building itself was constructed out of cardboard. If you're planning on going to the Gaslamp quarter to spend a weekend, that might be what you are looking-- in which case, disregard this review-- you will have a great time. However, if you're going down to SD for a mild weekend-- not sure about where to say, and are leaning toward the Hard Rock Hotel, I would say you might keep looking.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank mgreene40
Reviewed March 4, 2013

From the sidewalk, to the spa..the service was terrific, the staff was kind and friendly! The spa went out of their way to make the visit first class and comfortable. Top notch steam room and treatments from the oxygen facial to the classic massage.

The pool is not amazing but the atmosphere, vibe, and service is terrific.

We traveled as a group and had two meals at the hotel. The first was at the pool bar area and was outstanding..it was a taco theme and our group loved it!

Our other meal was at woodstock...great service and excellent food.

The hotel was a fun location for friends to gather, close/walking distance to many venues.

Overall the experience was terrific!

Room Tip: see if you can get upgrade to suite....
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This hotel is greatly located on the west side of Downtown very close to the Padres ball park. It was minutes from the airport. The location of the hotel was excellent as it is walking distance to multiple restaurants and bars as well as the harbor and the convention center. There is also a parking garage on the south side of the hotel so you can avoid paying a premium at the hotel.

The hotel is very clean and well maintained. As you can imagine it has it's share of memorabilia throughout the hotel. The staff was very helpful and were very kind and friendly with my two very young girls. Unfortunately, the amenities were not so friendly. If you have young kids stay away if you do not "rock on!"

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family