“Perfect Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 281 Hotels in San Diego
Chula Vista, California, USA
“Perfect Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Had an awesome time here and will definately be coming back. I also was treated very well. i will be reccomending this hotel to all my friends and family. the rock shop was very useful also for having soda on hand. Perfect views and romantic since i was with my girlfriend that enjoy them more then i did haha :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Anthony P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (951)
  • Indonesian first
Suwanee, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

My husband and I had a getaway night on a Saturday at the Hard Rock. Service was exceptional from check-in to check-out. After a speedy and friendly check-in, we easily found our room on the top floor with a balcony and view of Petco Park. Our room was comfortably furnished and trendy. Loved the double shower! We had a quick drink at Float, the hotel's outdoor bar, and was able to enjoy the fire pits and view before the club crowd arrived. The hotel is perfectly located in the Gaslamp Quarter and an easy walk to the bars, restaurants and clubs. We had a great dinner at a Thai restaurant recommended by the very helpful and friendly concierge staff member. We ate breakfast onsite at MaryJane's and it was fantastic! The food was excellent, complete with a very well made Bloody Mary.

I have to say although we were only there one night, we would definitely stay again. There is a very energetic and fun vibe at this hotel and every member of the Hard Rock team we encountered was so friendly. We've stayed at many chain hotels where it felt like staff was going through the motions, but every one we met at the Hard Rock really made us feel welcome.

2 Thank LaurenV710
Carlsbad, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Just decided to have a quick stay-cation seeing as we only live 30 min away. The Hard Rock always makes us feel like we are really getting away though. The staff is amazing and super helpful. The vibe of the hotel is always chill and we always meet cool people when we stay here. We had a great time as usual and will be back soon.

1 Thank Brian G
Lakewood, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We decided to go to Sea World during the Thanksgiving holiday and wanted to stay at a GREAT hotel and that we did. The Hard Rock Hotel in San Diego's Gaslamp District was fantastic! Thanks for everything...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Matt D, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank YOU! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay.
Santa Ana, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

The hard Rock hotel is the best hotel in Gaslamp. It is in the heart of everything going on, The amenities are amazing, the pool party during the summer is like vegas in San Diego. The service from The time you get there untill the time you walk out is world class. I've stayed in many hotels due to traveling constantly for work and I can say that when in San Diego I will never stay anywhere else!

• 5 of 5 stars
Matt D, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thanks for the kind words. We hope come back and see us soon.
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

From the minute you walk into the Hard Rock, San Diego (right by the Gaslamp district)...you know you're going to have a fun time (even if it's for work!)

Upon check in, you get asked what kind of music you like so that when you enter your room, it's playing. A great touch!

The rooms are extremely modern, very funky. I was assigned a room with a shower but switched to one with a tub and both rooms were lovely.

The hotel has a GREAT bar which gets really lively at the weekend, a fab coffee shop for a breakfast stop off and a pool bar which wasn't open when i visited due to the time of year.

The spa has some fab offers mid week and the treatments they offered was varied and well priced. The spa itself was very lovely and felt very seperate and relaxing in comparison to the rest of the hotel which was bold.

Would love to stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
What a great write up! Thanks so much for taking the time to write this. We hope you come back and see us again soon.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My friends and I stayed at the Hard rock for two days for fun. It was what we expected. The hotel was nice, clean and the room that we were was really neat, the location is right at gaslamp where all the bars and restaurants are. Everyone was friendly and helpful. I arrived at the hotel before my friends and the reservation was not on my name, so I could not checked in but the girl that helped me out at the front desk Deborah was really friendly and knowledgeable. She gave me some suggestion what I should do while I was waiting for my friends arriving at the hotel and she took my number to give me a call to let me know that they arrived.I definitely would recommend this hotel and I can wait to stay there again.

Room Tip: Definitely higher floor rooms on the north side are quieter.