Hard Rock Hotel San Diego
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$215
$209
$127
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$109
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$207
$279
$181
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
The Dana on Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$169
$164
  • Restaurant
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$193
$169
$199
  • Pool
The Sofia Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$305
TripAdvisor
5,723 results
All reviewsrock starconvention centermary janesrock royaltypool partygaslamp districtbachelorette partypetco parkking suiterooftop poolthe gas lamp districtmini barbars and restaurantsvalet parkinggreat roomnobuhardrock
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 2, 2008

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed February 28, 2008

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 27, 2008

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2008

After our second stay, I feel safe saying that this is the place to stay in San Diego. I love the location and the rooms. This time we had a view of the city skyline and the pool. We had breakfast via room service and it was great and fast. The hotel is still getting up and running, but I think it already beats any other choice for a great hotel in San Diego. The location cannot be beat. We left the hotel a few times to take in the gaslamp district and we were always within a minute or two of our room. I am looking forward to the Summer pool scene and walking next door to Petco park. FYI, the trolley stops right outside the front door. This was perfect when we went to lunch in old town.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank Reddog5150
Reviewed February 11, 2008

The hotel itself was overall pretty cool, and in a great location. The shower was nice and the beds were comfortable, but the place was a zoo on a Saturday night, and not exactly what I wanted to deal with.

If you want to be up clubbing all night then it's a cool place to stay. BUT, if you thought that maybe you could come home at 1am and get some sleep, think again. The club on the 4th floor roof pumps out music so loud that we felt like we were in the club from our 11th floor room. I assumed that the place would have a lot going on, but not THAT much. We also had to push our way past a bunch of people just to get to the front door, and then show the bouncers our room key just to get in the building. So I'm guessing this is supposed to make us feel cool that we got in? Not sure...

I'm not at all insulting Hard Rock because they've got a great brand and they are doing a good job of keeping up their image. I just wanted to pass along the details in case someone else was interested in a relaxing vacation.

FYI...The valet service is $30 for guests, and you have to pay a mandatory $15 a night for a bottle of water, some candy, phone calls and internet services (which should be optional in my opinion).

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank travelsmith505