Hard Rock Hotel San Diego
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
Pendry San Diego(San Diego)
  • Bar/Lounge
5,711 results
All reviewsrock starconvention centermary janesrock royaltypool partygaslamp districtbachelorette partypetco parkking suiterooftop poolthe gas lamp districtmini barbars and restaurantsvalet parkinggreat roomnobuhardrock
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I recently spent a night in the Hard Rock Hotel with my mother and daughter. We all had an extremely nice visit. I was initially impressed by the bellman who was personable and friendly without being pushy. He was natural and engaging with my daughter and she took to him right away. We found every staff member that we interacted with in the hotel to be friendly (again, in a genuine way). The room was modern and elegant without being overly cold. We also enjoyed room service that was hot, delicious, and prompt and two yummy breakfasts at the coffee shop, Mary Jane's. We also spent time in the pool and jacuzzi on the roof deck and were taken with the mood and scene on a beautiful California night. We will definitely stay at the Hard Rock next time we are in San Diego. Although it was a Friday night we were not disturbed by any of the festivities going on at the pool bar as the night progressed (though I was tempted to check out the scene).

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Melissa M
Amanda H, Guest Relations Manager at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. Our service is truly authentic and genuine, simply because we love our jobs! I’m so glad you enjoyed your time in San Diego. We’ll see you again soon!

Reviewed March 14, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because our 14 year old loves everything Hard Rock! Worst decision we have ever made. We arrived at 1:30am and we couldn't even hear the person who was booking us in because of the loud music from the night club. Ridiculous location for the front desk. Once we got to our room we were up all night because they booked us right next to the party tent... lovely! The next night we were up all night because of the noise from the partiers all around us. I realize it's the Hard Rock Hotel but come on, if you are booking in a family, don't put them next to the party tent, put the 20 year old there! I spoke with the Manager before he left and he was apologetic but couldn't comp us a night because be book through Expedia... ridiculous! He offered to set us up really well for next time but there will NEVER be a next time!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Connie W

Connie W, I am so sorry we were not able to accommodate a quieter room for you when you checked in with us that night. Our front desk team works hard to satisfy every guest request, and it is so unfortunate that we were not able to when you checked in. We would love to have you back to stay with us so your son can collect more Hard Rock pins, and so we can show your family a true Hard Rock experience that you will love. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

We visited San Diego on a business trip for a convention held at the convention center. The Hard Rock is directly across the street from the convention center, a five minute walk with time to wait for the traffic lights to change.

Driving from the airport to the hotel was an interesting challenge, if you are coming down harbor drive (in front of the convention center) you will have to circle the block because 5th Ave is one-way so you can pull in front of the hotel for valet parking. I will note, valet parking was ridiculously expensive! About $40 a day, plus tips, by far the most expensive valet parking I have ever had to pay anywhere. There is public parking which is $24 a day around the corner.

The lobby was very modern, they were playing music when we first walked in, and behind the desk they have a wall sized LCD screen playing music videos. We got in on Saturday afternoon, the front desk quickly checked us in, and got us up to our room on the 11th floor to our room facing Petco Park. I will warn all of you, your key card is required to go anywhere in the elevator, so be sure to have it with you all the time.

The hotel was very quiet, with the exception of Saturday night. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The maids do not automatically come and clean the room. There is a door hanger that is two sided indicating if you are requesting a room cleaning, but the front desk explains all of this in detail upon arrival. The rooms are very clean and well set up. The mini bar and snack bar is filled with all sorts of interesting things; they had everything from red bull, vodka, reeses, to the first aid kits or a toothbrush.

The bars downstairs were both very nice, but what really impressed me was the restaurant Mary Jane's downstairs. By far the best restaurant in the hotel! We only had a noise issue on Saturday night, due to all of the partying downstairs, I briefly visited downstairs and they had the elevator area roped off and were ID-ing guests coming in from the outside.

The hotel is within walking of a ton of fabulous restaurants and Westerfield Plaza. The trolley stops right in front of the hotel. Overall, a great experience.

Room Tip: The fourth floor has the major night club that would probably be the loudest on Friday and Saturday night, but any floor is fine.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Thanks for the review. These are some great tips! Our valet parking prices are competitive with other hotels in the area, but it sounds like you found self-parking close by. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 13, 2012

Stayed one night at this hotel due to a meeting in the area and all other area hotels were booked. Definitely an extreme hotel, aimed at a much younger set then me. Loud music, trendy decorating. Contrary to what one might think, there is no Hard Rock Restaurant at the hotel. There were restaurants, but a bit too trendy for my taste. In the room, there were three bottles of vodka, three bottles of overpriced water and a bottle of tequila available for purchase. However, there was no coffee pot. Again, obviously aimed at a more extreme crowd than me. I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

I am so sorry that you did not enjoy the hotel. Our great location, service, and culture cater to an environment for all types of people, whether they are here for business or pleasure. We truly appreciate your review and feedback. Thank you.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

I did not know what to expect since I have never stayed at a Hard Rock before. I really enjoyed my stay here and want to go back. It's located on the edge of the gas lamp district with so many places to walk to. The staff was great, I was treated like I was at a 5 star hotel. The room was awesome, big, well decorated and a cool shower with 2 shower heads. Not much more to say, it was a perfect stay. Love this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

We’re thrilled that you had a great time here. Come back soon!