“Great experience with great guest service... We will be back!”

Hard Rock Hotel San Diego
Ranked #32 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We went to San Diego last minute and didn't make reservations anywhere. The Hard Rock was 1 out of 2 hotels that had rooms available. Becuase my boyfriend is in the Military, we were able to get the Government Discount. With this AMAZING gift, our guest services representative was very thankful to my boyfriend for his services and really made him feel appreciated. The rooms are amazing, clean, and very comfortable! The friendly bartender at the Pool was great as well! We will definitely be staying here again!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (5,431)

Reviewed August 11, 2011

The location of the hotel is central and perfect for going to the seafront, town centre or local attractions. The hotel is excellent value for money and provides high quality surroundings. I was a little concerned at first as there is a pub / nightclub at the side of the hotel, but the sound proofing in the hotel is exceptional and I couldnt hear a thing. The rooms are delightfully decorated and very contemporary. We did have a problem with our shower but on contacting reception a maintenance man was up and fixed it within an hour. We also had $30 taken off the bill for the inconvenience. A very good experience and would highly recommend a stay at the Hard Rock Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 10, 2011

My teenagers wanted to stay here on our last night of vacation. Beds are comfortable, shower was the best on our trip with two rain-shower heads, but the lights in the bathroom to put makeup on were too dim.
We knew it would be loud at the hotel, so we bring a small electric fan to block noise. We were suprized that we didn't have hallway noise, but our room did face the pool and nightclub area. These are on the 4th floor and we were on the 10th floor, but we could hear the bass until almost 3 in the morning. Doesn't make for a good night's rest!
Plus - It was a block to AT&T park to see the baseball game!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
ahess02, Guest Relations Manager at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2011

I’m so happy you enjoyed the room, but I’m disappointed you didn’t get as much sleep as you had hoped. Our rooftop bar Float has a DJ until 2am on the weekends, and I can understand how that may have kept you awake if you’re facing the pool. Next time you visit, ask us for a room facing away from the pool and you’ll get a great night’s rest! Thanks for your review.

Reviewed August 9, 2011

The hotel has a modern design which was cool to start. More important the staff was very friendly. Easy check in and check out. Added touch is that you can select the kind of music you want in your room so when you open the door you have your favorite tunes. The staff is very friendly. Overall very good experience. I will return.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Super nice staff, great gas lamp location.... The bed was very comfortable.... but omg the noise! I realize this is the hard rock, but screaming girls in the halls and drunk loudness at 2am didn't make for a great stay. Ask for a room not facing the pool since there are night time parties with loud music on weekends. The suites looked nice and quieter. The doors provided no insulation whatsoever to the hallway noise. Even neighors doors closing and people talking at normal levels, it sounded like there was no door on my room at all. Bathroom lighting was dreadful at the mirror. Great shower though with two heads, one on the ceiling. It's a good property, but I should have known... I'm too old for this place. I moved to the Andaz after two nights.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank aguyinthe818
Reviewed August 5, 2011

The Hard Rock Hotel in San Diego is effortlessly cool.

The customer service was fantastic. We got to check in a little early and the front desk agent even accommodated a last minute room type request. She asked us what type of music we'd like to have playing our room so that when we first walked into our room we were greeted with a little top 40.

Our room was a pretty standard room with two queens, but there were little things that reminded you you were staying at a Hard Rock. Little Hard Rock branded pouches and CDs and little guitars in the corners of the pillowcases. A lot of convenient outlets. We didn't really spend a lot of time in the room though.

The location was absolutely perfect for us. It's right across the street from the convention center at the edge of the Gaslamp district. It's within walking distance of a ton of great restaurants and local shops. Since we were guests, we were able to get a somewhat last minute reservation at Nobu, the Japanese restaurant at the hotel. It was crawling with A list celebrities.

I thoroughly enjoyed staying there and my friends and I are definitely staying there when we go back next year. The lobby was just a parade of celebrities and had kind of a club feel to it, but once you were up on the room floors it was quiet - you couldn't hear a thing. The staff was professional and fun. Because of all the big events going on in and around the hotel, there was a lot of security.

I can't wait to go back. It was my first time staying a Hard Rock Hotel and I can't recommend it enough. The whole experience was about the music and being a fan of music and entertainment. So much fun!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Though the hotel was a little glitzy for me.....chrome, videos, music, etc. I had a great visit. Every employee I came in contact with was superb. Housekeeping was excellent. The rooms were awesome, very comfortable and attractive.

Food on the expensive side. Location great.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business