“Great Experience”

Hard Rock Hotel San Diego
Ranked #29 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed March 31, 2011

My Daughter and planned a trip to the San Diego Zoo and prior to leaving our house 2hrs away i pulled my back out. Needless to say by the time we were done with the zoo i was not able to make the trip home so we decided to stay the night. I chose the Hardrock knowing it was an upscale hotel and I would get a good nights sleep. Upon checking in I was greated by a friendly clerk who was more than accomodating. I informed her that we were not prepared to stay the night and needed simple amentities such as toothbrushes and toothpaste and asked if she could direct me to the nearest drug store. I was pleasantly surprised when she said not to worry just let me know what you need and we will have it sent up to your room. A few minutes later sure enough there was a knock at the door and everything we needed. The rooms were very clean and very comfortable. i loved that they had our style of music playing when we got up there. The shower was awesome with the double shower heads. Overall our experience was great and I would totally stay there again. As a matter of fact my 15 yr old keep asking to go back.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
ahess02, Guest Relations Manager at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2011

I’m so sorry about your back and I hope you’re feeling better! Thank you so much for the great review and we hope you and your daughter will be back very soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,557)

Reviewed March 29, 2011

This hotel is great and I would recommend it to anyone. They staff was very pleaseant and helpful. The rooms were clean, stylish, and FUN! The Hard Rock Hotel was very classy, and it is definetely worth staying in. It is located in Downtown San Diego close to the stadium, the convention center, shops, and plenty of dining establishments. If you go to San Diego then you want to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family

I’m so glad you had fun! Thanks for the review.

Reviewed March 27, 2011

The Hard Rock Hotel San Diego offers a new, fun experience....clean, modern rooms....excellent restaurant options, and a great location. Highly recommend it.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Thanks for the recommendation!

Reviewed March 27, 2011

Luxurious rooms, great staff, exceptional amenities, perfect playlists - everything you expect from the Hard Rock Hotel. The staff made the experience exceptional beyond the hotel as well, offering and assisting with recommendations and reservations for enjoying San Diego's signature Gas Lamp district. Everything is within a short walk or cab ride from the perfectly located hotel. I came for business mid-week and extended my trip for an additional day to enjoy St. Patrick's Day downtown - truly an experience. I previously lived in San Diego for a decade and would rate this hotel near the top of the list.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

It sounds like you truly had a blast! Thanks for sharing your experience and we’ll see you soon.

Reviewed March 25, 2011

I have stayed at the Hard Rock San Diego a few times in the past. It is my first choice when traveling to San Diego. The service is always fantastic and the rooms are always spotless. This property is not just a nights stay. It is an experience. I highly recommend the Hard Rock for anyone traveling to San Diego and wanting to stay downtown.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
ahess02, Guest Relations Manager at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2011

We’re all about creating authentic experiences that rock. We hope you keep coming back so we can continue to rock your stays! Cheers.

Reviewed March 24, 2011

The staff truly made our stay at the Hard Rock a great one. I have stayed at the Hard Rock in Las Vegas, Tampa, and Orlando and this experience was by far the best. Our room was awesome with fantastic views. The whole staff was very friendly and accommodating and definitely made us say we want to plan another trip to the Hard Rock. I also wanted to recognize your Concierge Robbie, he gave us great advice.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Robbie is definitely awesome, and he’ll love to hear that he made your stay great. Thanks so much for the great comments!

Reviewed March 22, 2011

Hotel is close to many activities and restaurants; however, if you have a room facing the train tracks expect to be awakened by the train at around 2 am.
In addition cars playing loud music can be heard from the lower floor rooms as they pass by.

• Stayed: March 2011
ahess02, Guest Relations Manager at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2011

I’m so sorry you didn’t enjoy your time with us. We, along with other hotels in our area, are working with the city to eliminate the train horn across the street. I hope you’ll consider visiting us again. We would be more than happy to put you on a high floor facing away from the train so you can get a good night’s sleep away from the city noise. Thank you for the review.