“Vegetarian options that taste awesome!”
Review of Sipz Cafe

Sipz Cafe
Ranked #858 of 4,804 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese
San Diego
“Vegetarian options that taste awesome!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Sipz has the best tastes I've found in any vegetarian restaurant. Specials that I like include the kung pao chicken (the texture of the soy actually feels like chicken!) and the spicy thai salad. The new restaurant on 30th is spacious and bright and cheery. I am not vegetarian and have found most vegetarian restaurants lacking in flavor - this is NOT the case here. The flavors are excellent. I honestly prefer the Kung Pao chicken here to any chinese restaurant!!

Visited March 2013

San Diego, California
“Will try again”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I ate lunch at the Sipz North Park location (3914 30th St between University Ave & Lincoln Ave). I ordered Garlic Jalapeo Fries (not really crispy), Tom Yum (basic stuff) & Oshinko Baby Roll (interesting taste). I wasn't impressed with any of these dishes but I saw a lot of items on the menu that I would like to try so I will come back again. The pricing was reasonable and the atmosphere was nice.

• Visited February 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Oily and greasy”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I wanted to like Sipz Cafe but the food was just incredibly oily. The drunken noodles was full of oil and the large cup of water they supply you with won't get rid of that grease on your tongue so well. I thought that Ranchos Cocina next door had better dishes than Sipz.

• Visited December 2012
San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tourist trap”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Even though they label themselves as a vegan diner, the food is pretty much a heart attack waiting to happen. Mock meats drenched in salt and msg isn't really healthy for you.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Sam R
“Vegans and Vegetarians Delight”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I really enjoy coming here. The food is sometimes so hot when you get it you have to wait to eat. There are so many choices. Before I learned I was gluten intolerant I tried a few of the mock meats, the chicken in their spicy basil dish was really good. Now I get it with tofu. I like their fresh spring rolls. Haven't tried their 'sushi' but most mock meats contain wheat gluten so I'll stay clear.

• Visited September 2012