“Sd pearl”

Ranked #22 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Madrid, Spain
“Sd pearl”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Definitely worth it if you are
looking for a cool, good vibe hotel. Go for the king bed rooms for sure, the others are nice but kind of weird. We had room n 4 and it had a ceiling shower and an outdoor patio.

But the most important thing is that you feel in a place you want to be. Great atmosphere, room decor and a nice restaurant. For the price, couldn't find something better.

• Stayed January 2014
ModernTraveler10, Owner at The Pearl Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thanks for choosing the Pearl Hotel. Honored to have you as our guests. We appreciate your kind review and hope you will come stay with us again soon. Tell a Friend.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
La Jolla, California
Reviewed January 2, 2014

new year's eve can be a really tough night to go out.... expectations are high..... emotions are close to the surface..... but the pearl was a gem..... we had a perfect night.... beautiful setting...... and the food was fantastic!!!.... my filet of beef was melt in your mouth every bite..... accompanied by delicious asparagus (no tough stalks!)...... to top it all off..... our waitress, jessy, was soooo nice..... really attentive..... & made it seem like she was always there... but not.... just what you want! ........ it was all around..... a wonderful way to end a bad year.... and start a really good one :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Happy New Year!!!!!!. Thanks for the kind review. We appreciate it. Come see us again soon. Your support means the world to us. Tell a friend.
San Diego, California
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Dense fog on the coast didn't dampen the New Year's Eve at The Pearl! We had a table for 6 at the 8:30 dinner seating and enjoyed a terrific prix fix meal. The choices were limited but everyone raved about them. My wife doesn't toss out compliments lightly but though her steak was one of her best ever. The staff is always friendly and fun here and helped make the special night even more special. Love this place for food and drink - oh, yeah and they have rooms and a pool too! Which I understand was well-occupied in the early hours of 2014.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Happy New Year!!!!. Glad and honored to have you celebrate with us. Thanks for the review. Hope to see you again soon. All the best in 2014.
San Diego
Reviewed December 31, 2013

A few friends had mentioned the pearl hotel as the best boutique hotel to stay at in San Diego. I couldn't agree more. Especially after being a San Diego native. No matter what the season it's a destination. I had some work done on my place and had to stay at a hotel for a few nights. I decided on the pearl. First time staying there and I could not have been happier. The only problem was I didn't want to go to work once I was there. I ended up spending most of the day by the pool on my laptop "working from home". The room was fantastic and so was the service. Every greets you and the convenience of the smaller hotel is fabulous no need to take an elevator up a tower. This hotel is an oasis. Highly highly recommend this to anyone traveling and if anyone in San Diego needs a place to stay to get away for a night or a weekend. My only gripe is that brunch is only served during the summer months hopefully as the hotel becomes better known this will change because the food is so well done.

• Stayed December 2013
Thanks for the review. The Pearl Hotel does have a certain Palm Springs flair to it. 1960's motor lodge renovation into a great boutique hotel with exceptional service and experience. Glad you got to enjoy it and experience it. Come stay with us again soon. Tell a Friend.
VANCOUVER
Reviewed December 28, 2013

This is my second time here and both times i've not be disappointed! The decor is beautifully done and makes for a comfortable stay. Sitting by the pool for morning coffee or dining in the eve great way to start or finish the day.....

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
On behalf of the entire Pearl crew. a BIG THANK YOU for your kind review and support of our little business. Hope you will come visit us again soon.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 26, 2013

“My 3rd or 4th stay at The Pearl Hotel. who’s counting when you have a great experience. As usual the experience was AWESOME!!!!!!. Upon check in I was greeted by a friendly front desk agent. Immediately put my bags in my room and headed to the restaurant and bar. The Pearl has a nice selection of local craft beer and tasty food treats. I was lucky enough to be there for a Dive In Movie. Christmas Vacation was showing on the movie screen by the pool. Good solid festive night. The staff is really nice and willing to accommodate all your needs. I stayed 1 night, left for 1 night to travel north to visit my parents, then came back to stay another night at the Pearl. They stored my luggage, gave me the same hotel room when I checked back in and I got another Welcome back post card upon return. When I travel to San Diego I will always stay at the Pearl Hotel. the price is reasonable, the design is amazing and the staff is awesome. Highly recommend the Pearl for your hotel needs in San Diego”

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Welcome back for the 3rd or 4th stay. yes, you are correct: who's counting!!!. Hope you make it a 4th or 5th stay in the near future. Thanks for your support. We appreciate it very much.
San Diego, California
Reviewed December 19, 2013

When choosing a location to host this year's company Holiday Party I knew that I wanted a place that was unique, intimate and had great food & drinks. The Pearl is all of the above. The exterior is a bit deceiving if you're just passing by, but once you're inside it feels like a swanky, mini oasis. I've stayed here several times to just to get away for the weekend, love the restaurant and going to their Dive-In Theater nights by the pool and have always been impressed with their service.

Once the contract was signed, Kylie, Adrian and the rest of their team took care of everything. We participated in the full buyout option for the night and it was definitely worth it. We had the entire location and rooms to ourselves for the night to celebrate the holidays with our staff. The food was incredible! There was a combination of food stations, tray passed hors d'oeuvres, buffet dinner and a dessert station. Special dishes were even made for our guests with dietary restrictions (vegan, vegetarian and gluten free.) What sets The Pearl aside from other locations is the quality of their food. Their restaurant itself could stand on its own anywhere in San Diego. We definitely didn't go hungry! The bar staff was so nice and made delicious and beautiful cocktails through out the night.

My favorite part was the overall ambiance. I was a bit worried about the weather considering it was one of the colder nights in December at a partially outdoor venue but there was a substantial amount of heat lamps throughout the pool area to keep all of our guests warm. The decor, the lighting, the design of the hotel itself, the personalized menus they made for the bar, the welcome postcards left in each hotel room welcoming us, it was all so great.

I would recommend The Pearl to anyone and everyone whether it's for a quick getaway, a place for friends or family to stay from out of town or a company party like ours!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Glad your company and guests had a great company party at the Pearl Hotel. it's a great place to celebrate!!!!. Thanks for your support. All the best in the new year.