1,032 results
All reviewsbeta fishmid centurypet fishdive in moviemovie screenshag carpetbrussel sproutsjewel roomboutique hotelpoint lomacool retropool arearoad noisesmall hotelshelter islandhotel gueststhe entire staff
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have travel from Brazil to visit my daughter in San Diego and she has find this little hotel in Point Loma for me.
I was totally surprised, the rooms are well decorated, spacious and clean.
The staff was courteous and very helpful and I felt good in a bit.
The highest point is the restaurant. Great food.
The area around is beautiful and will find pleasant for an occasional jogging or a walk seeing the boats.
I strongly recommend this affordable and fantastic little hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LuizDeSa
ModernTraveler10, Owner at The Pearl Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Thanks for the great review. we appreciate your support. Our food is rocking!!!!. we have a geat culinary team and our servers love taking care of our guests. Hope you will come visit us again soon. Tell a friend. Happy Holidays.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

The Pearl Hotel, to me, is truly a gem. I've been coming to The Pearl's restaurant for years (from Los Angeles) each time I'm in San Diego because it is hands down the bomb diggity! I recently had my first sleepover at The Pearl and I must say, the hotel aligns with my experience at the restaurant.
Service was awesome from moment of check in. Greeted personally and professionally; and we got to meet the owner of the hotel, Greg, who was beyond personable and friendly. Our room was impeccable and beds were super comfortable and I'm really finicky about mattresses and pillows - slept like a baby! The bathroom toiletries were H2O brand and I tend to judge a hotel by toiletries - passed with an A+.
The location is awesome - walking distance to the marina/harbor. The hotel's on a busier street but that doesn't deter. In fact, it makes it more convenient - for breakfast I walked to Starbucks and McDonalds to pick up some grub. If you make the mistake of not eating at The Pearl's restaurant, you will live a life of remorse. I anticipate that meal for weeks and each time, I leave San Diego dreaming of their yummy house-made donut hole desserts. We are major foodies and we love, love, love The Pearl restaurant. Plus, they play movies and older shows on a drive-in style screen above the pool so you can watch that during dinner. Such a great vibe!
What made our stay even greater is the fact that we ended up learning about a Bike4Beer bike ride that the owner was organizing over our stay and luckily we had our bikes on us - We had a great time and made new friends. I wish there were more places and people like those of The Pearl.
What I like best about The Pearl is the fantastic service, cleanliness and commitment to excellence at the property and restaurant. What I like least was that the rooms are on the smaller side, but it's not a resort property and I didn't come to San Diego to stay in my hotel room, so that's OK!
Definitely returning and I would recommend staying/eating here to a friend.

Room Tip: Room #5 (first floor) is more spacious than others. Restaurant makes reservations for hotel guests. Otherwise for non-guests only for parties of 4 or more. Order the House-Made Donut Holes for dessert at the restaurant.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Great meeting you. Glad you had the opportunity to do our Bike 4 Beer event and celebrate SD Beer Week. Really appreciate the great review and kind words. it's guests like you that make this business so much fun. Look forward to seeing you in the future. Happy Holidays.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

The Pearl is located on Rosecrans Street which is a major street in the Point Loma neighborhood of San Diego. If you are coming to San Diego with little to no knowledge of the area, Point Loma is a great place to be situated. It is close to most all of the major freeways, near the airport and zoo, plus it is relatively quiet at night. I thought about staying downtown, but we ultimately chose the Pearl in Point Loma. It is a motel that has obviously been restored. If you go thinking this place is the Ritz, you are going to be disappointed. While the motel definitely has charm, the furniture in our room was a little worn, the bathtub had rust around the drain (probably due from being so close to the ocean). None of these things really bothered me, I liked our little room! We had one of the larger rooms, I would say to definitely stray away from the smaller rooms if you plan to stay more than one night, otherwise you will probably start to feel claustrophobic. There is a beta fish in each room, which is a cute touch, but normally we do not get maid service everyday and this time I made sure we did because I was scared that little Duke wasn't going to get to eat!!! Haha I even contemplated buying fish food. I'm certain he was okay, I'm just silly. I wouldn't suggest this motel to my parents but for people in their 20s and 30s, I think this is just fine. Would definitely recommend to my friends!

Room Tip: I would suggest rooms on the bottom level, unless you would like to climb stairs. However the balconies on the upper rooms have two chairs and a table!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

On behalf of the entire Pearl team, Thank you very much for your review of the Pearl Hotel. We appreciate your support. Please come stay with us again soon.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We are all so fortunate my sister decided to celebrate her birthday with an overnight stay at The Pearl. Everyone in our group was treated like a V.I.P. as we mingled, wined, dined and partied poolside. The staff were incredible, very attentitive, informative and charismatic. The food, drink and accomodations were simply unforgettable. I savored the Ginger Braised Short Rib and my spouse and several of our friends enjoyed the Market Fish (which was grouper that evening). The hotel management arranged for two cabanas and several dining tables for our large party and the ambiance they provided was out of this world. After coming to The Pearl over the past five years for dinner, drinks, entertainment, etc., my husband and I were really looking forward to our first overnight stay. We were not disappointed! We reserved Room No. 7 which was romantic with mirrored ceilings and several luxurious accoutrements. The complimentary coffee early the next morning beside their divine pool was perfect. We are already plotting our return.

Room Tip: Rm. 7 has mirrored ceilings! Rm. 5 is large with a beautiful patio!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Thanks for the review!!!!! We appreciate your support and will pass your kind words onto our wonderful staff. Hope you will come stay with us again soon. Tell a friend.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

The staff, accommodations, and overall experience at The Pearl were fantastic. We stayed here for two nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. From happy hour cocktails and apps by the pool, to renting bikes and based on staff recommendations riding downtown for a spot on breakfast, we had a great time and recommend The Pearl to others.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Luke G
ModernTraveler10, Owner at The Pearl Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

thanks for the great review. glad you had a great time. Please tell a friend and hope you will come visit us again soon.