Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$187
$169
HotelIndigo.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$189
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$227
$275
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $251/night.

Best Western Plus Island Palms Hotel & Marina(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$237
$199
  • Pool
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$289
$229
Priceline
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $290/night.

Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$322
$269
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$329
$279
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$415
$389
Official Site
1,031 results
All reviewsbeta fishmid centurypet fishdive in moviemovie screenshag carpetbrussel sproutsjewel roomboutique hotelpoint lomacool retropool arearoad noisesmall hotelshelter islandhotel gueststhe entire staff
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I visited The Pearl Hotel earlier this month and had a great time there. It was my birthday and I wanted to see a concert going on that night at the sports arena nearby. I found the hotel online and loved the unique look and feel of the place. The staff were all very friendly and gave us a surprisingly spacious room complete with goldfish (Ours was named Bruce Lee). The whole place has a fun, tiki lounge feel to it. It most certainly does not have a conventional hotel feel to it, but that's exactly what we liked about it. If you want someplace that feels more homogenized, I'm sure that there's a cold, uniform chain hotel somewhere in the area. Please go there instead.
The missus and I had dinner at the hotel which had a nice, laid-back feel to it. The food was very good and, because of my aforementioned birthday, my steak was free. We took a bus that stopped right across the street to the show (That's right, public transportation in Southern California). Afterward, my girlfriend's cousin, a San Diego native, picked us up. When I told him where we were staying, he was very impressed. "How did you know about that place?", he said. "It's great". Well, I agree.
I have to come to San Diego about once a year for work and I no longer have any intention of staying anywhere else.
Thanks again, Pearl Hotel, you really helped make my birthday a special one.
P.S. The concert was pretty good, too.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
ModernTraveler10, Owner at The Pearl Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Happy Birthday, one more time, from the Pearl crew and Bruce Lee of course!!!!. Thanks for staying with us. We greatly appreciate the support and are honored to serve our guests. Please tell a friend.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

The recommendation I got for a breakfast spot (ryhming not intended). Sure the hotel is trendy and exciting yet "budget friendly". Sure you get your own pet Goldfish (shout out to Rambo). So what if they have movie nights, an eye catching bar, and a restaurant with a buzz. It was worth it dealing with the friendly and courteous staff for the best restaurant recommendation I've ever had.

Disclaimer: Although I do my best to write colorful reviews, I sincerely apologize if this one made you SNOOZE (rhyme intended)..

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
ModernTraveler10, Owner at The Pearl Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Much thanks for your review of our little Pearl Hotel. We appreciate your support and hope you will come visit us again soon. Tell a Friend.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Just got back from SD and five nights at the Pearl. Kimberly Parker and her staff did a terrific job in taking care of all of our needs and making us feel very welcomed! We travel often and have never received hospitality such as this. The property is retro, comfortable and well cared for. The restaurant is outstanding and the drinks are unique and excellent. Our next visit to SD will involve another visit to the Pearl, and all around great experience!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
ModernTraveler10, Owner at The Pearl Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

Greatly appreciate you taking time to write a review. Glad you had a great stay with us. Please come visit again soon!!!! Going to share your review with our team. Our restaurant is amazing, glad you got a chance to enjoy it. Tell a Friend.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

What can I say? I stayed once again at the Pearl and they again proved they really do have the talent to deliver amazing customer experiences! You are treated not so much as a hotel guest, but rather as a friend staying over - but with legit hotel perks! The restaurant is amazing - you have to check out their draft beer list which is authentically local and fits the Pearl's personality! I only wish I had more time to stay (and eat + drink).

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, I stayed in the Strand Suite - amazing layout and a small patio. You do hear some street traffic, but the bed is so comfy it puts you right to sleep.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Appreciate you coming to stay with us again. Repeat guests are awesome!!!!! Will pass on your comments to our team. We appreciate your support, hope you will come visit again soon. Tell a Friend.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Been a fan of The Pearl since they've opened. Always went there for cocktails, movies, to hang out and meet friends when I lived in San Diego and always recommended it to friends who were visiting San Diego as THE place to stay. Now I'm an out of towner who visits and gets to be a hotel guest.
My stay at the hotel was superb beginning with the phone call to reserve my room. I spoke with Savanna to make my reservation, it was like talking to someone I've known for ages, she asked all the right questions about my stay, arrival time, what I might need when getting in or the next morning, for we were arriving very late at night and had an event to go to very early the next morning. When we arrived, someone was there to get us checked in and to the room, and the next afternoon Savanna remembered our details and followed up. It was a breath of fresh air to have such great hospitality.
The rooms were cozy, crisp and clean as well as hip...simplicity with style.

After a 2 night stay, an afternoon around the pool and brunch before departing, we were sad to say goodbye...the food was great and matched the service, the bloody mary was signature, and I can't remember the name of it, but it was to die for, garnished with a Slim Jim...perfect!

This is the place to stay if you're visiting or even if you live in town, a great escape...borrow one of their beach cruisers and see the town!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

On behalf of the entire Pearl team. Thanks for the review. I will pass on the good word to the entire staff, especially Savanna. she is a rock star!!!!! Please come visit us again soon!!!! Tell a friend.