Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$143
$129
HotelIndigo.com
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $203/night.

Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$186
$167
Hilton.com
$349
$259
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $329/night.

Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$195
$189
$143
$135
$179
ParadisePoint.com
  • Pool
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$260
$239
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of $419/night.

Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$1,167
$179
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of $295/night.

Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)
$295
$277
Official Site
  • Pool
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$1,128
HotelsClick
1,031 results
All reviewsbeta fishmid centurypet fishdive in moviemovie screenshag carpetbrussel sproutsjewel roompoint lomacool retropool arearoad noisesmall hotelshelter islandhotel gueststhe entire staffclose to the airport
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I can't say enough good things about our stay at The Pearl. My husband and I traveled to San Diego from Las Vegas for a quick anniversary get away. I've had a number of bad hotels. This was a huge leap of faith for me and I couldn't be happier with the decision to stay at The Pearl. From the moment we arrived, the service was top notch. The front desk was very helpful in working through some credit card issues, let us check in over 2 hours early and were just as friendly as could be. There was Sunday brunch going on and I wished we hadn't eaten breakfast. Everyone out in the pool/bar area looked like they were having so much fun! I was so pleased with the room. It was so, so cute. We had a great night sleep on the comfy bed as well. We really enjoyed having after dinner drinks back at the hotel. Johnathan (the bar manager, I think) was so nice to sit down and talk to us about the history of The Pearl. He also was helpful with information on things to do in the area and great surfing spots. We also found Megan, Christina and Erica to be helpful and just really "cool." Though it is obvious the hotel is aged and doesn't offer all the amenities other larger hotels do, it wasn't even an issue to us. For the price, location, and ambiance, I don't think anything else would compare.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
ModernTraveler10, Owner at The Pearl Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2011

On behalf of the entire Pearl Hotel crew we appreciate your business and support. it's guest like you that make it all worth while. hope you come visit us again soon. thank you.

Reviewed July 10, 2011

Treated us well and took great careof all our requests.

• Stayed: June 2011
ModernTraveler10, Owner at The Pearl Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2011

To our valued Pearl guests: thank you very much for taking time to write a review about the Pearl Hotel. we appreciate your support. come visit us again soon.

Reviewed July 5, 2011

Staff was very friendly, courteous, and helpful. Got to the pool before the bar/lounge opened, but they told me a liquor store nearby where we could grab some supplies and bring to the pool. The rooms are very stylish and techy, beds are super comfortable too. They screen movies on Wednesdays at the pool too! We are already booking our next stay!

Room Tip: Rooms are various sizes, so inquire when booking.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
ModernTraveler10, Owner at The Pearl Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2011

On behalf of the entire Pearl Hotel Crew, thank you very much for your kind words and review. we greatly appreciate it. see you soon.

Reviewed June 25, 2011

I arrived to San Diego on Sunday, a worm sun welcomed me, it was a very good start, took a cab and after about 5 minutes the driver informed me we arrived, although we had a short drive I already saw the beauty of this city, the beautiful houses, the lovely sea, and the impressive marina.
But all that was just the aperitif for a very pleasant surprise, we parked near a very small hotel, far from downtown, not impressive from the outside, after you put first step at the front door you start feel the special atmosphere that this hotel has to offer, very warm and wrapping décor, on your right a nice bar, on your left a small reception with a smiling receptionist , but before I will talk about the people, few more things about the hotel, it build in a square shape when in the middle a small pool with comfortable sitting places. The owner created a wonderful place with great atmosphere.
Few evening every week, people are gathering around the pool, on a big screen you can see an old movie, laughing, some dancing, drink, great food and lovely people..
Let’s talk about people, the personnel were great, very welcoming, helping in need, and even play there part in directing a tourist like me.
I am talking about everyone I met there but still I “bump” with some more occasionally.( and I hope I spell each the name correctly
Marcella, the night worker who woke me up every morning, and welcomed me for a coffee at the lobby
Jami, The bartender who was very nice, welcome and patient with all my questions
Emily, that made us the best Mojito ever

Thank you all for a wonderful hosting, hope to see you again

IVGI

Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Ivgi

Thank you very much for taking time to write a very detailed review of the Pearl Hotel. I am very fortunate to work with some amazing people. I will share your review with our staff!!!!!. Hope you will come visit us again soon. we appreciate your support.

Reviewed June 14, 2011

When I travel I don't need a lot of frills, but I am willing to pay for the few things I do want.

I tend to veer towards boutique hotels because of the more intimate experience. When coming in from out of town, not knowing anyone, it makes such a difference when there's an approachable, friendly staff to chat around with and dig up local knowledge. I like well-designed spots, but admittedly, I shy away from hip, trendy hotels because too frequently the staff is stocked with snotty youngsters with attitudes.

Right upon entering the Pearl I was greeted by the friendly front desk manager and given a little tour of the various areas of the hotel. Not only did the manager seem cool, I sensed right away she was very concerned about the quality of my stay not just at the hotel but in San Diego in general. On my second day she actually came up to me at the bar and gave me a heads up that a group celebrating a birthday booked a room next to mine. Anticipating they might get rowdy that night, she asked me in advance to let her know if I felt bothered. I really appreciated how she looked out for me- that simple gesture made me feel like a special VIP (and also probably prevented a negative review in Tripadvisor!)

I liked how the bar, restaurant, pool, lounge were all integrated in the same area. This created a nice mixture of locals and hotel guests, everyone casually hanging out doing different things- eating, swimming, chatting, lounging. It wasn't a party scene, but definitely relaxed and lively on both weekend nights.

I usually don't spend much time in rooms, but the rooms had a contemporary, simple, and beachy feel- not overdone.

I was pleasantly surprised to find beds similar to those in a high price hotel. I slept so soundly.. The location to the airport was quick and easy. I had a free afternoon and borrowed one of the hotel beach cruisers (free!) and explored the Pt. Loma penninsula, Sunset Cliffs, as well as Ocean Beach community- it turned into a most memorable day of SoCAL sunshine and the beautiful ocean! Definitely a not-to-miss experience.

Overall, The Pearl has an easy California vibe and great energy. I think you'd be hard pressed to find service at this high level with a price point at this low level.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Greatly appreciate you taking time to write a detailed review of the Pearl hotel. Glad you had an amazing experience. Honored to have you as our guest and hope you will come visit us again soon. Thank you again.