“Fun Ride!!”

San Diego GoCar Tour
Ranked #38 of 270 Tours in San Diego
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The best way to see San Diego is to see it from the eyes of a local. The Gocar is a two person scooter, that talks to you about San Diego as you drive. Learn about the hidden history of San Diego, see famous locations that only the local residents know about, and find the best places to eat, shop and explore.
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fun Ride!!”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

It was fun to see the sights, now we know what we want to see more of!!! Rides a little bumpy and slow but fun!!

Wakefield, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Afraid the whole trip.”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We did this tour because it was included with our GoCard and it seemed like fun. First, they spend the first 1/2 scaring you, making you think if even one little scratch is on the car when you return it you'll be charged $$. Or if you're even a minute late returning it, they will charge you $$.

Then, when we actually went driving, your car is very little, low to the ground, and the other cars on the road are intimidating. We were afraid of getting run over! The pre-programmed routes in the car will take you longer than the time you are allowed, almost guarenteeing you will be late returning the car. Also, it really only goes 25 miles an hour on flat roads and 10 miles an hour on hills. Expect to annoy other drivers. We were so scared of hitting something, being hit, or being late, we turned around half way through the trip.

Even turning around half way through, we only got there five minutes before the time ran up. THEN they tried charging us extra for being late. We had to show them the time on our receipt to prove we didn't take more time. They took it off quickly enough, but the whole experience made us feel like the place was just one big scam.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank DAllison1234
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Realllllly fun!!!”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We are staff at Hotel Indigo and spend our team outing with the GoCars. It was sooooo fun. What a great way to tour San Diego. The cars were easy to drive and navigate. I would definitely do it again on my own and recommend friends to do it as well.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank WootE
Billerica, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Fun!”
Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

My 7 year old and I did this while in San Diego. If was a lot of fun. We ended up doing 1.5 hrs. Be prepared to want to extend your time. The car is fun to drive and you will get a lot of looks from passers by. I'd highly recommend this if you are loooking to burn an hour or two.

1 Thank JSiano
Pennsylvania
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Tight fit for tall people.”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We received this trip as a gift.
First the positives. The staff was very friendly and the safety video showed how to drive in clear detail. There was free street parking for our personal car near the renal location. The tour was well narrated using GPS points on a car stereo. A marked map showed the route. We mostly toured Balboa park. Fun and we felt safe.

Now the big person cautions. I'm 6'4" and elected for my wife to drive. There is no way I would fit on that side of the car with my legs confined by the steering column. Sitting on the passenger side was a different challenge. My knee kept hitting the audio button causing us to get off the route (and having to push the minimal power car up a steep hill to get back on with back tracking too much). Once I shoved my knees under the dash I no longer hit the button.

I don't plan on doing this tour type in any other city. It is unique and gives you freedom to stop. If you are tall - beware.

3 Thank Bily_Bob