“Great location, great value, scenic area”

Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station
Ranked #12 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed November 14, 2010

Great stay. Clean, nice fabulous. didn't try breakfast because of early flight, but you can not beat the location. Central to everything. Thanks trip advisor ,your ratings never steer me wrong.
There is a good reason that this hotel is #3 in San Diego. Clean, nice and quiet.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed November 10, 2010

We stayed Stayed at this hotel for four day Halloween weekend. Our family had one one BR Suite and one two BR Suite. We checked-in early evening and had no wait at all. Our room keys were already ready and we hit the complimentary dinner and cocktails that is offered Monday through Thursday Nights. We reserved a 2-bedroom suite and were given a room on the top floor of the north tower which had a nice view of the Marina and Coronado skyline. The suite was very spacious and excellent for groups. 2 bedroom , 2 bath, living room, and full kitchen. Parking was free and it as just a short drive into downtown or a $20 cab ride away (which can be called by the front desk). There is free internet in the room, a free Hot breakfast consisting of Eggs, Bacon, Breakfast Potatoes, Waffles, assorted fruits, rolls, and fresh juices and coffee. The hotel actually had alot of amenities: pool, outdoor fireplace, fitness center, pool table, and a basketball ball court.
We were worried about noise because of the airport but surprisingly that was not an issue, we used the hotels free shuttle service to and from the airport and it was quite convenient. You can take bus to Old Town and visit there, or catch the San Diego Transit Train at Old Town to visit stops on the way - Fashion Valley Mall, or if you're going to football game at Qualcomm Stadium (This is your best way to go) Train Drops you off at Gate 3 of the Stadium.

Reviewed November 7, 2010

My husband and I stayed here in October. I was a little concerned that since it was near the airport it might have been a little noisy, but we did not hear any noise whatsoever. My husband and I loved the room. It was huge and came equipped with a full kitchen which was stocked with utensils, oven, microwave, kitchenette table, sink and even dishwasher. This opened out into the living room which had a huge writing desk, sofa and flat screen TV. In a spearate room was a king size bed which we both found very comfortable and another flat screen tv along with two night stands. I appreciated that the bathroom sink and mirror was separate from the rest of the bathroom. Breakfast and dinner was included in our room rate. Breakfast was great! They offered waffles, eggs, bacon, fruits, cereal, bagels, toast, juices, coffee among other items. We did have dinner on 2 nights out of our stay. Dinner was adequate, just don't expect grandma's home cooking. All this for a rate of $159 a night. I thought it was a very good value. For those who did not think it was in a central location, I do not understand what would be considered central in San Diego. Yes you need a car in San Diego because it is a very spread out city and requires highway/freeway driving to get to most places. The layout is similar to LA but on a smaller scale with less traffic and you don't want to be without a car in San Diego. It is not like San Francisco. Our longest drive was about 20 min or so to get to La Jolla, took about 10 min or so to get to the Zoo/Balboa, less than that to get to the seaport/USS Midway area and about 15 min or so to get to Point Loma/Cabrillo. We would have rated this place five stars but the only thing that brought the rating down for me was that there was a hint of a cigarette scent inside of our room but not outside. We were in a non smoking room but maybe the smoking section was on the same floor as us. The air was a little stale and my husband's allergies worsened a bit in the room. It might have been the ventilation system, and there might have been some dust in it. As for the room itself, it was very clean. Overall a very good stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank evenstar944
Reviewed November 5, 2010

This hotel was clean and staff helpful. Its handy to many things although you need a car as its not exactly central - but this is reflected in the reasonable room rate.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 2, 2010

Stayed at this hotel for one weekend night over Halloween weekend. On travel with a small group of friends for a night out in Gaslamp and the Charger game the next morning. We checked-in early evening and had no wait at all. Our room keys were already ready in a informative check-in package with a nice welcome letter from the manager (Nice touch!). I reserved a 2-bedroom suite and was given a room on the top floor of the north tower which had a nice view of the water and san diego skyline. The suite was very spacious and excellent for groups. 2 bedroom , 2 bath, living room, and full kitchen. Parking was free and it as just a short drive into downtown or a ~$20 cab ride away (which can be called by the front desk). This place would be perfect If it was walking distance to gaslamp. There is free internet in the room, but was kinda slow as in most hotels. The free breakfast had a good selection of food including fresh juices and coffee. The hotel actually had alot of amenities(pool, bbq, fitness center, pool table, bball court) I wish I was able to use, only if my trip was more than 1 night. I must also note that my girlfriend left her purse in a drawer after we checked-out and thought she lost it. However, the hotel took the time to call me and let me know she left it and that we could pick it up. They have very honest housekeeping! Check-out was as easy as a phone call to the front desk. As a Diamond member, I really enjoyed my stay and would def recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 26, 2010

We stayed at this hotel from Oct 8-12th and traveled with my mother and our family (two adults, and two toddler aged children) while we visited the San Diego area. This hotel was fabulous for families with young children that need the extra space to relax and wind down at the end of a busy day. The hotel was clean, the rooms were clean and spacious and the complementary breakfast was not only delicious (make your own waffles, scrambled eggs, assortment of breads, bagels and muffins, fresh fruit, cereal, breakfast meat, assortment of juices, coffee, tea and hot chocolate) but a time saver for families with young children. The pool was also very nice to swim in at night as it was heated to a comfortable temperature that I didn't even hesitate to swim with my 20 month old in the early evening.

The location of the hotel was also minutes from the airport, minutes from the market (Vons and Trader Joe's and had great eating places within walking distance. The area outside of the hotel was very quiet and we felt extremely safe walking around with our young children at night.

Additionally the staff was very friendlly and helpful.. and as a result of my experience here I will try to stay at a Homewood suites anywhere I travel from now on.. if they were all as good as this one, this chain of hotels will truly be my home away from home...

1  Thank PearlCItyMama
Reviewed October 25, 2010

IF only all hotels could deliver like Homewood. Okay, I was sceptical. Could Homewood really deliver like the other reviewers suggested? Well, YES! Great location. Nice people. Squeaky clean. My only "complaint" if I must come up with one is that the bedroom was tiny -- no space for a bag. Other than that, the place was spotless. As I think about upcoming trips, I'll put Homewood Sutes on my checklist. It's the ideal place for me and my wife and infant son. They offered a pack and play but I brought ours. In fact, we put Junior down in the P/Play in the bedroom, watched a movie in the living room and then carried the P/Play out to the living room through the doors. Easy! Homewood is to Suites as Hilton Garden Inn is to single rooms -- great value and well appointed. BTW, this location is in a newish part of San Diego so there are lots of walking/biking paths. Within five minute walk there was a huge playground for Junior to play in. We'll be back.