Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station
Blue Sea Beach Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$215
$209
$127
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$109
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$207
$279
$181
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
The Dana on Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$169
$164
  • Restaurant
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$193
$169
  • Pool
The Sofia Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$305
TripAdvisor
1,724 results
All reviewsbedroom suitesouth buildingbasketball courttrader joesmon thursfull kitchenfree dinneroutdoor fireplacelaundry roomevening receptionwalking pathpoint lomanaval baseliving areawithin walking distancehome away from homecomplimentary breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 14, 2010

We were in this hotel over the recent Labor Day weekend. The room was excellent, no complaints at all - very comfortable bed and nice bathroom. and we had a partial view of the harbour. However the breakfast area was extremely crowded on all three mornings and it was very difficult to find somewhere to sit and eat - we went outside one day and shared tables on the other days. Also the free evening reception is only available from Monday to Thursday which was disappointing. The hotel has no bar or restaurant and the nearby restaurants are all "fast food" places. We ended up at the Marriott hotel next door on all three evenings which serves good bar snacks and has a restaurant and a nice bar area. The riverside area around the hotel is very nice for walks etc but to get into the city centre you do need a car. I would stay here again though.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2010

My wife and and 2 children (12,11) stayed for 1 night in July 2010. The night we were there the hotel appeared full and we were smilingly upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite. This suite was excellent with a king bed in 1 bedroom and a queen in the other. The 2 bedrooms were connected by a compact sitting room and a decently equipped kitchen. Because we were only there for 1 night, we didn't use the cooking facilities. However we did want to get ice and even though I searched high and low, I couldn't find an ice bucket. I ended up walking to the ice machine to collect ice with a saucepan from the cupboard. This was no big deal but on my return,I met a guy going the other way to collect ice also carrying a pan so it didn't seem to be an isolated omission for our room. It's a bit strange these are not supplied but as I say, it's no big deal.
As others have commented, the'free' evening reception meal with wine and beer for the adults is of excellent quality but because the hotel was full the night we were there, there wasn't enough tables to seat all the guests. Since you were not allowed to take alcohol out of the dining area, we had to rutun later in the evening in order to get a table to eat. In the morning, it was the same story. The dining area was very full with some big parties cramped around some very small tables. The breakfast was good and plentiful but nothing exceptional. Although both the evening meal, breakfast and parking are 'free', don't be fooled into thinking that Hilton haven't baked these costs into the room rate. The night we spent at the Homewood Suites was the most expensive (in rate terms) of all the 18 nights we spent on the West coast and that included staying in some city centre hotels in places like San francisco.
Having said that, the hotel is excellent and rightly deserves its high Tripadvisor ranking. It's very convenient to the airport and you can access all the major tourist attractions with ease (top tip - we were pleasantly suprised with the USS Midway museaum which is close by. If you have young bys, its a real hit as an attraction).
We like staying in suites compared to regular hotel rooms because of the extra space and the Homewood Suites is a great - particularly if you can get a good room rate!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2010

Spent two nights here while on vacation in Southern California with wife and two sons (10 and 7). This is truly one of the best hotels I have stayed at in all of my travels! Every staff member we came in contact with had a friendly smile and "what can I do for you" attitude. The front desk provided a map and directions to the zoo and the lady in the manager's reception area helped me wrap up some dinner items to take back to the room for my family. The most outstanding service was when a couple of the engineering staff helped clean beach sand out of my rental car. I even had a chance to visit with the manager while the staff were helping with my car. She is a wonderful lady who is focused on having the best hotel with the best service in the area.

The suite and bathroom were very clean and everything was in great working order. The wireless internet connection worked perfectly. The small balcony was a nice place to get a bit of fresh air. Airplanes regularly take off over the hotel area, but the sound in the rooms is minimal.

The pool is a little on the small side, but was the perfect temperature and plenty of fun for the boys and some new friends. There is an outdoor terrace on the third floor that overlooks the waterway and airport. The walkways around the hotel and surrounding grounds, including along the waterway provide great strolls.

We ate dinner there one of the nights - plenty of good food that was replenished regularly. Breakfasts were good overall, even though I still don't much care for the Homewood Suites scrambled egg "mix" or whatever it is. They did have some cheese and pico to put on the eggs that made them better, though. The business center was great for printing boarding passes.

All in all, this is the place to stay in San Diego as far as I am concerned. It is close to downtown, the airport, and the Zoo - and parking here is free! I highly recommend staying here.

Helpful hint - you are allowed to take in food and water (just not in coolers) to the zoo.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank toomuchtravel
Reviewed August 24, 2010

New Hotel - spacious suites - friendly staff - wonderful park -
very good restaurants in walking distance - breakfast buffet is
very, very full of people !!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2010

We stayed here for 4 nights and everyone at this hotel is so friendly they made our first family vacation a big hit. Breakfast served hot in the morning was great and the light dinner in the evenings was even better. Took away all the worry and expenses surrounding finding a restaurant in the area. Took long walks by the water in the evening and there are 2 parks for the kids near by. Stayed in a 2 bedroom suite which was very spacious, very clean and anytime we needed something it was there. We took a taxi to Seaworld and the Zoo and it cost just under $20 (one way) with tip. Take the Orange Cab company as they are the most friendly. This hotel is fantastic and we will be back!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family