“Excellent value for money and convenience; kitchen facilities great for families”

Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station
Ranked #10 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed January 16, 2010

This is a modern upper mid- market all- suite hotel with excellent facilities.

It is calibrated toward longer stays, with facilities which make it conveient for families and business travellers alike.

These include daily breakfast and a nightly meal included in the reasonable room price.

The rooms are modern, clean and comfortable, and the location is convenient.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed January 13, 2010

I average about 20 nights a month in hotels, all over the world, and am very picky and critical. I usually never write my review until after I check-out, so I can capture the entire experience. I am currently at night 3 of a 32 night stay at this hotel and already know that it is the best hotel that I have ever stayed in.

The location is perfect for what I am here doing.

The service is incredible. Every single employee is friendly, courteous, and helpful; and there are a large number of employees assigned to each task. The desk always seems to have 2 or 3 attendants. Breakfast and Dinner service is provided two or three people as well. Senior management is everywhere, from wandering the hallways to asking how things are in the lobby.

The meals are great. At many Homewood Suites the evening Manager's reception is a joke. At this one, both Breakfast and Dinner have been world class, all three days. Delicious and healthy.

The internet here is very fast. It gets bogged down at some peak times, but over-all is the fastest I've every had in a hotel. Video conferencing with my daughter was better from the hotel than it was in our house testing it out before the trip. Yes, I'm saying that the hotel internet works better than my Comcast Broadband at home (some of the time).

I don't watch TV, but there are two huge flat screen sets in my room. I think that they have premium channels beyond the norm as well.

I am 100% happy with everything about this hotel. If I had to find flaws, I would say that the rooms could be a little bigger, as the king sized bed in my suite is kind of crammed in. Also, as a HHonors Platinum Customer staying for 32 days, a free upgrade would have been nice.

Between the people that work here, the location they built in, and the speed of the internet, I would say that this should be the model for all future Hilton properties.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank HHSteve
Reviewed January 5, 2010

I could not understand all the good ratings for this hotel. I am not a picky traveler. I travel with my family with small kids and cleanliness is my key concern.

Coming back to my review - We stayed 3 nights in the North Building, 2 one-bedroom suites. I faxed some room requests (cribs, adjoining rooms) to the hotel prior to arrival, and got prompt reply via email. As others have said, this hotel has excellent staff. Everyone is friendly, professional, and caring.

Check-in was a breeze and the front desk staff are very helpful. Complimentary shuttle was great too. Breakfast was okay but what do you expect for this price. At least I'd say it is acceptable. Location is convenience, and I like the Sushiya Restaurant in the park lot.

The dark side - it is indeed very noisy! You can hear the flights landing and take off. If you are sensitive to noise like me, you can only sleep from mid-night to 6am, at the most. Moreover, the insulation was bad and you can clearly hear people in the next room coughing (I am not kidding!).

The even darker side - cleanliness. We have two rooms and both are very dirty. I can tell the difference between dirty and dated. I'd say it is both. The floors are "sticky", the bathroom has molds, and the carpet is extremely dirty. This is my biggest concerns since my younger kid (2-year-old) like walking bare foot in the hotel room. Also the one-bedroom suite is so small that you cannot put the crib in the bedroom. My wife ended up sleeping in the living room (on sofa bed) with my 2-year-old.

I apologize to those who likes this hotel, but I just think this is the dirtiest Homewood Suites I have even stayed in. I also stayed in Courtyard Marriott and they were 1000% times cleaner (and of course, newer).

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
10  Thank biggroofy
Reviewed January 1, 2010

We stayed at Homewood Suites Dec 30th. After a day at the zoo we were so pleased to find such a comfortable place to relax and unwind after walking all day. The staff was top notch. The free dinner was so plentiful and good. The wine & beer were also a huge plus. We retreated back to our room after printing out our boarding passes at the computer area. My husband called the front desk to find out how to connect to the FREE wireless internet connection. We had a guy at our door in 2 minutes to set it up with us. He also changed the batteries in our remote control on the TV. Special thanks to Joey for that!! That is some personal service. This place was awesome.. close to the bay and had a full kitchen. The personal services were what made this place stand out. We loved it and will be back next time we are in San Diego.

One note: Get to the buffet breakfast and dinner early during any peak holiday time or you'll be in quite a line. Food is just that good!

Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2009

This was the best hotel stay ever. The breakfast was great and the dinner saved us lots of money. There is a pizza place and a Sushi place right across from the parking lot that we tried and were not disappointed. The pizza place is a little pricey but the food was good. The sushi was very, very inexpensive compared to other sushi places that we have been to. The hotel staff was amazing. They even do your grocery shopping for no charge!!! The pool is heated which made our 8 year old very happy. We visited the Zoo, Sea World and LegoLand and they were all very close to this hotel and easy to get to. I will never stay in a different hotel chain ever! We were there for a week and it felt like home away from home.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank VBC65
Reviewed December 17, 2009

After reading about all the families staying here, I was hesitant to stay as a solo traveler. However, I could not have been more pleased! The front desk staff were more than helpful and even remembered my name. My one bedroom suite was extremely comfortable, clean, bright, and quiet. The widescreen televisions were outstanding. The breakfast buffet was varied and substantial, AND the coffee was good!
Since I did not have a car, I moved to a different hotel in the downtown Gaslamp District (see Hotel Solamar), after only two nights, so that I could do more sightseeing on foot. I wish I had stayed put at the Homewood!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed December 15, 2009

We recently stayed in a 2 bedroom with 2 bathroom suite with kitchen on the ground floor for 3 nights. Was one of the best hotels in our travels to LA - San Deigo and the Hawaii. These guys really know how to look after people. The room was very clean and modern, having the ability to prepare a home cooked meal was a treat and much easier on the wallet after a week eating out every day.

Very close to all attractions yet far enough away to give you peace and quite.

Vons suppermarket around the corner was fantastic.. Make sure you obtain a discount savings card ..their free and you save a bundle.

All the staff were very freindly and helpfull ...and no nasty unwanted fees have appeard on the credit card !!

A room safe would have been nice ..but the do offer free safe keeping of items at the main desk in a saftey deposit box.

The free breakfast was about average.. but I and everyone else in our family group dont like powdered egg and bacon that you can see through ...but thats pretty much what you get in the USA. The waffles did go some way to countering this slight problem.

It's really the little things that count and the Homewood suites at Liberty Station have their act together ..I would have no problem recomending this place and hope to one day return.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Pacific Beach
Pacific Terrace Hotel
Pacific Terrace Hotel
#6 of 278 in San Diego

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station

Address: 2576 Laning Road, San Diego, CA 92106-6418
Location: United States > California > San Diego
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#3 Business Hotel in San Diego
#5 Family Hotel in San Diego
#41 Romantic Hotel in San Diego
Price Range: $186 - $313 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homewood Suites San Diego Airport - Liberty Station Hotel San Diego