Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station
Ranked #9 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Lake Elsinore, United States
“Great 2 Room Suite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

The 2 room suite is great for families of any size. The kitchen and newly updated rooms are beautiful and very functional. The staff always excellent, the grounds clean and the breakfast well set up. I will stay here again next year!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Rick B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for your remarks! I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and plan on visiting again. Looking forward to your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

When ever my family goes to a Homewood Suites for whatever reason it is just easier to relax. This Homewood Suites is no different. The rooms are clean, modern and spacious. A good breakfast. No fee to park like many Hiltons.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your kind remarks! I truly appreciate your loyalty to the Homewood Brand! Thank you for your support!
Alburnett, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

What a great hotel. The one room suite is roomy, clean. Staff are wonderful. Morning and Evening meals were tastey and a huge benefit of staying there. Point Loma / Liberty Station is a nice quiet area. With the exception of some airport noise (slight) this a great bargain for the money. We will be going back to San Diego and this is the hotel of choice for us.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the wonderful remarks! I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay! Here's looking forward to your next visit! Thank You!
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

I love this hotel. Staff is always so friendly and helpful. The rooms are maintained very nicely. Rooms are clean and all the supplies for the kitchen is provided. The breakfast hot choices changes daily and the evening lite fare dinner is excellent. Wine, beer and soft drinks are also provided. Staff keeps up with supplying the items. I also like the fact that parking is free.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the kind comments! I appreciate the kind words for our staff and amenities! Sounds like you are a repeat guest, so thank you for your loyalty! Take care, and we will see you next time around!
West Monroe, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

After spending a week in Tijuana, my wife and I had an early flight out of San Diego. We opted to stay near the airport the night before our flight to avoid any border delays. We chose the Homewood Suites at Liberty Station based on Tripadvisor reviews, and for the most part were very happy with our choice
Location: Very close to the airport, but not right in the path of the single runway so aircraft noise was minimal. The hotel is located in a revitalized former Navy Base which means there are some cool sights around, such as the training "ship" docked in the parking lot next to the hotel. There are good restaurants in walking distance. We ate at a Thai restaurant just outside the lobby area and it was fantastic.
Rooms: We had a regular suite with a king bed. The room was well equipped and extremely comfortable. The bed was the best hotel bed I've slept in in a long time. The TV is nice and swings to face either the living area or bed area.
Staff: The staff was very friendly. I thought I had already paid for my reservation, so I was a little shocked when they asked for payment at check in. To the young lady's credit she bore with me while I paged through my bank records on my phone to verify that indeed she was correct and I had not paid. I appreciated her patience with me.
Food: I had the free breakfast, which was pretty good. The foodservice staff was quick to answer my questions concerning my wife's dietary restrictions. The only complaint I have about food was that there was no bacon with breakfast, and I am a guy that values bacon.
Transportation: We arranged to use the free airport shuttle, which arrived exactly at the scheduled time. The driver was friendly and informative for the all of 5 minutes it took to get to the airport.
Negatives: The only negatives that I can mention are that the hotel is currently under renovation. This means that the lobby is closed, and the front desk staff is handling check in at tables in a meeting room. Also the first and second floors of the building we stayed in are under serious construction. As a result, you have to walk through the construction area to get to the elevator. This is not a big deal for us, and clearly the renovation is nearing completion so it shouldn't be an issue for much longer. All construction noise stopped promptly at 5pm so there are no complaints there.

In summary I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Homewood Suites again. It represents a good value, in a great location.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Beardsley J
Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate the time you took to write such a comprehensive review. Fortunately, the renovation has nearly ended, and our Front Desk team is back at the new front desk. I look forward to your return so you can see and appreciate the newly renovated hotel!
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

I had to help with family in California. I thought San Diego would be perfect! We decided to stay here because of the location. We love the sunset cliff area. I had to share the experience with them. At check in we spoke to David who was extremely helpful. I cannot thank him enough. He was a great reflection of the staff. Thanks a lot! We enjoyed our stay. I enjoyed the terrace view and thought it was a great idea to have one. I did not hear any noise from room as I understand there were renovations taking place. My next time in San Diego, I will keep you all in mind.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank zzzzza
Thank you for generous remarks! I am glad David was a big help for you. We take great pride in our staff! I am glad you had a great time and hope to see you next time you visit San Diego!
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

We spent five nights at this hotel in April 2014. The location is superb: water, hiking trails, and proximity to public transit, and very quiet and peaceful. Breakfasts and happy hour dinners were excellent, with lots of delicious options. What most impressed me was the staff. On the front desk, Amanda and Rosenda were friendly and helpful. In the dining area, three young people stood out: Oscar Jnr, Nanette, and Luke. They were so willing to engage in pleasant conversation while they bussed the tables, and made us feel completely relaxed. great place; great young staff!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your wonderful comments! I will be sure to pass along your praise of Rosie, Amanda, Luke, Nanette and Oscar! They will be thrilled to hear them. I am glad our team was able to make memorable impressions for you! Hope to see you next time!