Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station
Ranked #9 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
“Very quiet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was leery of the location right next to the airport, but the room was very quiet. Our two-room king suite was very comfortable. Breakfast was great and the service was excellent. We made use of the the laundry room and several other amenities. There was ample free parking and the hotel is in a quiet neighborhood with restaurants nearby.

1 Thank Chris C
JasonBatt, Front Desk Supervisor at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Hi Chris C,

Thanks for giving us a chance, despite the airport being so close. As you found out, it's not too loud and worth the little noise that is heard for where we are located within the city. The distance to everything else is also very close and the parking situation is something that just can't be beat! We actually just had a new seal coat put on the pavement just to make sure. Anyways, we appreciate the great review and hope to see you two back here soon!

Thanks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Korean first
st Petersburg, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Conveniently located to most local attractions and the San Diego Airport this gem of a hotel offers great good size suite accommodations, clean and spacious with an excellent complimentary breakfast and evening meal, serving high quality products to their guests. Friendly staff make guests feel very welcome and represent their Hotel very well. Highly recommended when staying in the area.

2 Thank Mike V
Hi Mike V,

Thank you kindly for the nice words. We are happy to hear that you felt welcome here and do recommend us. It's always great to read things like you wrote, especially about our staff representing our hotel in a way that we should be proud of. We do take a lot of pride in our work and service and our cooks don't just offer and serve free meals, they cook every meal as if it were being served to family. That's how we like to treat our guests here, so please come back and stay with us again, anytime!

Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Unlike other Hilton Hotels in the area, this one has reasonable rates and free parking. In addition, the room rate includes dinner and breakfast. The room was clean, quiet, well appointed. Full kitchen if you need it. The hotel sits along the bay and you can walk all the way downtown (4 miles) if you like. This is a great place.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
JasonBatt, Front Desk Supervisor at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
BillF,

Free parking is really nice isn't it and to have meals included is something you just cant beat! Glad you enjoyed and took the time to write us a nice review. Thanks for doing so and for staying with us. I don't hear of many people walking downtown, maybe bike or run but it is definitely not too far for someone do, so thanks for pointing that out.

Scottsdale, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Upon arrival, the gentleman working outside was too busy admiring the classic executive car that was parked outside and didn't acklowledge me whatsoever upon pulling up. Once I asked if i can get bell service he slowly went and grabbed cart as he continued to give attention to the car and driver. I loaded my own bags onto the cart. He was kind enough to put the cart inside, however as I was asking the front desk where the ATM was to get cash (for the bell boy) he started to talk to the people cleaning and wondered off. After checking in, I asked the receptionist, while looking around for the bell, if they can send the cart up to the room. Her response was, "Umm it's not that far, you can take it." I replied with, "Umm you want me to take it? I'm in no hurry, you can just have them bring it when available because I had to grab additional things from my vehicle." She replied,"You can take it" Now I've never heard of anyone pushing their own cart, however my pride or ego can be swallowed and I pushed my own cart through the maze consisting of, the carpet cleaners that had all their tubing and cords running through the cart path, the gentlemen fixing the door that wasn't working going to room 115 as well as trying to maneuver the cart into a room with a closing hinge on it by myself. Whole time thinking, "is this really happening". When I called for room service the person answering the phone said, they are closed. I asked what time do the close, his response was,"Actually we don't have room service". Why not say that from the start. All in all I would not recommend staying at Homewood Suites for business or pleasure in the future. As a business owner, a lot of things were done incorrectly in my opinion and would not merit a return visit or compliments about the establishment or brand. Hopefully this serves you well to correct or bring attention the individuals involved June 1st at 3pm. Insulation and noise was awful in my room. I could hear everything not only from the pool area but kids running up and down the halls with no security or staff telling them to stop.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

2 Thank Reza B
JasonBatt, Front Desk Supervisor at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Hi Reza,

Again, we are very sorry for the confusion and that you were disappointed with our service. It is very unfortunate that you had to experience this here, as we are actually limited service hotel and don't have a bellmen, which allows us to keep our prices down. That being said, we are always willing and happy to assist guests with their bags or anything else for that matter. As a business owner, I'm sure you understand that and don't allow one bad experience ruin an entire establishment or brand. The timing of our carpet cleaning and your arrival probably did not help but I'm sure you understand the importance of maintenance as well.

Anyways, I feel we have already cleared up any other confusion over the phone and hope we have made it up to you. Although it is unfortunate to read this review again, on here among many other great reviews, it is also easy to see that we must be doing some things right.

Loveland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Although near the airport, flights do not often come very close and it is shut down at night. Food was well prepared. Short drive to many of San Diego's attractions. Hotel grounds are well maintained and part of a walking area near the bay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

3 Thank Randolph M
Hello Rudolph,

Thanks for the review, we do appreciate you taking the time out of your day to do so.

San Luis Obispo, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was easy to find, great parking and wonderful staff. The dining room staff are amazing long helpful. Free breakfast and dinner, basketball court, pool, etc. Not much else to ask for, for the money. We had a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite that was very clean and extremely adequate for our needs. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JasonBatt, Front Desk Supervisor at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
William81477,

Thanks for the kind words, although I'm not too sure what you mean by our dining room staff being amazing long helpful. Either way, it sounds good and we will take it as a compliment. Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to write this review.

Norfolk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Wow! We just got back from staying 6 nights at the hotel. What a great hotel in a great location. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful at every turn. The only downside from my perspective was that you could hear the planes from SAN; however, my 4.5 year old rated that as one of the highlights!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Bonnie M
JasonBatt, Front Desk Supervisor at Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Hi Bonnie,

I have to agree with your son, for some reason I love seeing not only the planes but the helicopters that are constantly patrolling around here. The noise barely compares to the fascination from above. Maybe next time you come back we will have even more flights, if that is possible. Thanks for the review and for staying with us, 'm happy to hear you enjoyed your week here. Bring the family back again sometime.