Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station
Ranked #9 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Juneau, Alaska
“great stay”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed here for five nights for business. I requested a quiet suite and it was perfect. I enjoyed my stay. The free grocery shopping service was great. I will stay here again if I ever return. The staff was friendly and helpful. I wish there was a restaurant on-site. The free breakfast in the morning was good but not great. The dinner was a nice touch but the menu items didn't always appeal to me. There are restaurants within walking distance but nothing very close.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Korean first
Hudson, New Hampshire
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My family of 4 just came back from San Diego & I couldn't wait to write my review. Our stay started with getting a free upgrade to a 2 bed/2 bath suite, which was perfect for us & 2 teens. Loved having the kitchenette so we could make our own coffee in the morning int he full-sized coffee maker. As I am a runner, we were on miles of running paths right on the water, where I got to see seals in the water while out for my morning run. The grounds were meticulous as were our spacious rooms. The breakfasts each morning were outstanding, from chicken fried steak & eggs to waffles & strawberries. We could fill up on a HUGE breakfast, snack in the afternoon & come back to eat AGAIN because they also fed you dinner! For us, it saved a huge amount of money by taking advantage of this mega-benefit. There was a Von's Supermarket right down the street @ Liberty Station to pick up snacks. The hotel is centrally located... a 10 minute ride to almost anywhere you want to go in SD, including Sea World & the waterfront. It took us 20 minutes to get to Torrey Pines and 15 minutes to La Jolla (Don't miss either of these places!) Exceptional hotel, glad I listened to other TripAdvisor reviewers, and would recommend to all.

Room Tip: Book a 1 bedroom suite & ask for an upgrade when you get there.
Calgary
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Good location, knowledgeable staff and lovely rooms. Nice to have hot items included for breakfast and evening meals. Handy washing laundry facilities on site add to the convenience and the business centre is very functional. The staff were most accommodating and very helpful.

Lampman
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed 4 nights at Liberty Station, Great Service! our family really enjoyed the breakfasts and the managers reception during the week. After being out all day it was nice to come back to the hotel for a drink and some good food. Our family of 5 had a king suite with a full kitchen that overlooked the pool. Kids had free movies at night, plus they brought in an extra bed. Shuttle was very handy to and from the airport. Enjoyed the pool and hot tub in the evening.
Kirk Johnson
Sask

Room Tip: try to get a room overlooking the pool
US
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel and we had a good stay. We had a 1 bedroom suite and it was nice to be able to spread out. The kids slept on the pull out sofa and they declared that it was comfortable.

The climate control system was quiet and kept things very comfortable. It was nice to have a ceiling fan too.

We appreciated the fully stocked kitchen, full sized refrigerator and ice maker. We used our toaster too.

The food was only so-so but what I expect for a hotel at this price point. It was nice having breakfast and dinner available though. The staff is very nice and I saw them helping customers to their rooms with trays from the buffet. My husband was ill while we were there and at dinner time, they helped me put together some mild foods from their breakfast buffet for him.

It was only advertised on a bulletin board in the lobby, but they have lots of activities available free of charge. Bean bag toss games, DVD players and movies, board games... take a look over the list if you have some down time.

My only quibble was the layout. It was chilly, rainy and windy and so it was less than ideal to have to go in and out to go between the lobby and building. It would be great if the buildings were connected to the lobby from the inside. Oh, and I wish there were more trash cans in our room. There were only 2 small ones, not quite enough for our needs.

Anyway, they did a very nice job making this a comfortable home away from home. I would recommend it to other families.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2013

You need a rental car for San Diego and this hotel is near the airport. The only negative thing was the breakfasts were not always hot. Good choices and they also serve a small supper Monday to Thursday. Great to feed families.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Lexi0611
Beverly, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights during a San Diego vacation. I had originally booked the Hilton Harbor Island, but decided to switch to the Homewood Suites after reading the excellent reviews. I'm glad I did! This hotel was perfect in every way. I'm not a "middle of the action" type of person, so the location just a couple of miles from downtown was perfect. In fact, I only visited downtown a couple of times during my stay, and the hotel was perfectly situated to enjoy all of the San Diego attractions, from Balboa Park to Cabrillo National Monument to the beaches. I had a king studio suite. The suite was spacious (though a little tight to get around the bed), and as others have mentioned, there is free wifi, free parking, free breakfast, and free dinner Mon-Thurs. I ate breakfast at the hotel 3 mornings, and there was always a good selection (it varied slightly from omelettes to eggs with mix-ins, but included cereal, waffles, fruit, and pastries). I also ate dinner one night - a make-your-own taco bar. The menu in the room listed such things as chicken marsala, fajitas, pizza, pasta, BBQ pork on other nights. I went in the pool/hot tub once, and it was very clean and warm. There is also a basketball court, and walking paths right outside the door. I would highly recommend this for anyone wanting a clean place to stay, with plenty of amenities, in close proximity to all San Diego has to offer. I would not hesitate to stay here again!

Room Tip: Choose a bay view room for a view of downtown San Diego (in the distance).
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Mission Bay Park
The Dana on Mission Bay, BW Premier Collection
Mission Valley / Hotel Circle
Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Mission Valley / Zoo

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station

Property: Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station
Address: 2576 Laning Road, San Diego, CA 92106-6418
Location: United States > California > San Diego
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#3 Business Hotel in San Diego
#5 Family Hotel in San Diego
#41 Romantic Hotel in San Diego
Hotel Class:3 star — Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homewood Suites San Diego Airport - Liberty Station Hotel San Diego