“Wonderful family hotel in quiet area”

Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station
Ranked #10 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stayed here for two night with our two 11 year old granddaughters. The one bedroom suite was great, giving us privacy in a separate bedroom with the girls on a sofabed in the living room. They did say the sofabed was not too comfortable, so I would not recommend it for adults.
The suite was clean and nicely furnished. The bedroom was a bit small; my husband and I put our suitcases in the closet to save space in the bedroom.
There is a full kitchen, which we did not use. They also serve a light dinner on weeknights, which is very nice for businessmen who stay for a while. We did take advantage of the free breakfast and drinks in the evening. Also had free parking and Internet in the room.
There is a beautiful outdoor pool and hot tub, and a basketball court. There are also outdoor bbqs so you can even have a cookout if you like.
The hotel is on an esplanade where you can walk, cycle, or rent canoes or paddle boards. Our balcony overlooked the esplanade so we had a lovely view.
The front desk was friendly and our room was ready for us when we arrived around 1pm. That was great because we wanted to change and head to the beach!
All the hotels in San Diego are expensive, but this was a good value because of all the free extras.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the esplanade.
1  Thank plaidbeagle

Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

King suite in south building had a wonderful view of the bay and a full service kitchen. Bedroom was cramped, and bed linens were old and useless. Very loud a/c unit as well. Also inconvenient for the rooms to be located in a separate building from main lobby. The south building only had one elevator.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Alites
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We are very seasoned travelers and in fact I have been going to San Diego, both work and vacation, for well over 40 years now. So I have had many experiences with hotels and motels in this gem of a city. This was the first time that my family of three really was going to have a relaxing vacation without a timetable or meeting family, so I wanted a place that we could really stretch out and relax in, without breaking a budget. Yes, this hotel in the middle of summer was not cheap, but the deal and value we received was phenomenal.

The one-room suite, with a terrific kitchen, was on the small side. However, the view was great, and even though we were less then a mile from a very busy airport, you could not hear the planes at all.

I cannot say enough about the friendly and "can-do" attitude of the staff. It was very busy with tons of people, but they keep the place clean, secure, and genuinely want to help you and make you feel at home.

The pool was a bit on the small side, but it was just perfect for the kids. The fact that it overlooked the inlet from Mission Bay was wonderful, as long as you could put up with a few planes taking off from SNA.

The food was pretty good and even the dinners were ok. I mean hey, there were free so what can you expect? I will say the dinners were more then just passable as it did include a terrific little salad bar and each of the two meals we had (Orange Chicken and Chicken Enchiladas with beans and rice), were quite good. OK, so the enchiladas were on the spicy side, even for this native of California, and not El Indio (If you LOVE Mexican food, go to the place where taquitos were invented), but it also came with beer and it was all right there at the hotel.

Some of the other great qualities of this location is just that, LOCATION! There is a great park next door as well as wonderful walking trails, several small eating establishments across the parking lot (with a Starbuck's) and a super market, Five Brothers, Trader Joe's, and many others just blocks away. Downtown San Diego is five minutes away, Sea World is ten minutes parking-lot-to-parking-lot, and if you fly in, they have a shuttle! If you like to bring your bikes, bring those too as you can ride all the way to downtown San Diego if you want.

Like I said, we have stayed in all kinds of places from New York, Germany, Chicago, Monterey, Phoenix and all the way to Hawaii. There are very few places that are this clean, well run, and a very good value. I think any family will enjoy this place.

Room Tip: Only stayed there once but it seems as all of them have some type of decent view of something.
2  Thank jdk4asu
Reviewed July 20, 2012

what can i say about homewood suites EXCELLENT, the staff could not do enough for us after a 11 hour flight we were very tired.The room was nice and clean and the breakfast was great there was fresh fruit every morning and lots of other foods to pick from to sum up excellent staff excellent hotel really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank humphrey21
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Everything was perfect. I Spend 2 nights and was perfect. Excelente location, totaly clean, roma size perfect, bath fantástic even the sofá cama was very good.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2012

i love homewood suites!!! this one ranks up there with the best of them. staff - excellent. room - upgraded us and it was great. we stayed during the week and never needed togo out for a meal except lunch because the evening reception with food and beer and wine and the breakfasts were great.

1  Thank jskjmseattle_wa
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed here for a week for business travel. The stay wasn't too bad. My room was split into the living area/kitchen, a bedroom, and a bathroom. The kitchen had a large fridge and two eyes of a range (no oven). I never tried the pool or hot tub which mostly seemed occupied by children. A very nice home away from home since you can cook for yourself if you want to and having the separate rooms makes it feel like less of a hotel room. I would say the worst part was the gym which consisted of a couple of treadmills and two other pieces of cardio equipment - no weights. It was a converted room not a dedicated gym, for those of you who are familiar. There are technically two gyms, one in each building, but I didn't visit the other gym since the front desk said they were identical so I figured why waste my time. The breakfast wasn't superb, but it was complimentary and there was enough to eat. The location is also pretty nice less the traffic. You can run to a nearby park and along the harbor if you like to run, which is what I opted to do since the gym was of such poor quality

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Pacific Beach
Pacific Terrace Hotel
Pacific Terrace Hotel
#6 of 278 in San Diego

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station

Address: 2576 Laning Road, San Diego, CA 92106-6418
Location: United States > California > San Diego
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#3 Business Hotel in San Diego
#5 Family Hotel in San Diego
#41 Romantic Hotel in San Diego
Price Range: $185 - $313 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego Airport - Liberty Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homewood Suites San Diego Airport - Liberty Station Hotel San Diego