“awesome view of the city”
Review of C-Level Lounge

C-Level Lounge
Ranked #16 of 4,753 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Temecula, California
“awesome view of the city”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is my second visit to C-Level and it gets better every time. Food & service always good. They can make a great vodka martini with stuffed olives ; ) We sat in the outdoor area. The sites were awesome, the sunset was spectacular. Heaters are on to keep you warm but you are able to enjoy the outdoor air and the city lights. Love this place.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank dnj77

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great first stop!!!”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

This restaurant is really close to the airport and directly across the bay from downtown. I had a burger and was pleased, even considering I had the best burger in my life the night before. The view and the atmosphere is what really makes this place. It really starts off the trip. I will be making it my regular first stop when in San Diego.

• Visited September 2013
Greeley, Colorado
“Highly Recommend”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I have been to C Level multiple times and have always had a great experience! The food, service, and location have been consistently outstanding! Looking forward to going back next time we are in San Diego!
Best to get there early for dinner to ensure you get a prime table! Have also heard very good things about the more upscale, Island Prime, that is connected to C Level.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Bsquared1962
Escondido, California
“C-Level is Delicious with Stellar Service”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I REALLY wanted to go to Island Prime. I've been to C-Level plenty of times, but never ate inside the Island Prime side of things because it's a little pricey, but I have a gift card now! But, alas, it was not to be. When I looked for a reservation the night before, they were BOOKED solid until 9:30pm, so C-Level it was, again. If you want to get into Island prime on a weekend, make a reservation in advance!!! C-Level is a walk in situation that does not take reservations, so at least you get the best of both worlds with both of these restaurants.

But, we arrived at 6pm on Friday night and were seated immediately in a great booth. Because it was dark and foggy there was no view and so they had the sides pulled down, so we didn't have the ocean in front of us, but I've seen that many times and was okay without it on this occasion and it kept the restaurant much warmer on this cold night.

Our server throughout the night was attentive and checked on us just the right amount of times. He took our order by memory and it all arrived perfectly. I ordered a drink called the Woodsman and I cannot recommend it more. Maker's Mark, B&B, Honey liqueur, and ginger ale. So delicious that I am still thinking about it and might be pulling out the bourbon tonight!

I ordered the Ahi Stack appetizer and the Scallops entree and my husband ordered the Calamari appetizer and the French Dip for dinner. Our appetizers came out quickly and my Ahi stack was very beautiful. It had layers starting with cucumbers on the bottom, then avocado, then the seared Ahi, then a crab salad layer, then the fruit salsa layer... or close to that order anyway. On top was julienned carrots and it was served with a couple of flavored oils on the plate and two types of caviar, red and black, and with taro chips and a plantain chip. It was tasty and I liked it, but i would have liked it much better if the Ahi had not been seared - I love my Ahi pure and raw! Also, the crab just was sort of weird like it didn't go with everything else, even though it was delicious. My favorite part was the caviar. I could have eaten a bowl of that!

The scallop dish was really wonderful. Three small stacks: a risotto cake on the bottom, with a crispy prosciutto piece on top of that, the scallop with a golden sear and cooked medium rare and all topped with a marble sized butternut squash piece. All of this was over a Yuzu buerre blanc that was so tart and rich that I wanted to lick my plate. The only misstep on this dish in my opinion is that it is such a fresh and light dish, but it's all sitting on this heavy deep fried, fairly large, breaded risotto cake. It was also a cheesy risotto which I don't think goes with scallops, but it was just mostly too big. I ate only one of them and it tasted good, but I didn't need the other two at all. I also really loved the butternut squash with the Yuzu sauce and when the manager dropped by I told him how amazing it all was and that I only wished it came with more butternut squash. A minute later he came out with a small dish with extra squash for me! LOVED that and boom... fifth star.

The husband loved his food, too. His only thought was that he might prefer a different side to the sandwich than onion shoestrings (I disagree... I would want the onion shoe strings myself).

Overall, the food was so flavorful and fun, the service was perfect and we love the ambiance. Between the windows covered and the heaters, the temperature was great. All of the staff were friendly, the restaurant was orderly and neat, and the bathroom was clean and stocked. Cannot ask for more in a restaurant. Still love C-Level and can't wait to make some time to enjoy Island Prime one of these days.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank ladyjadegd
San Jose, California
“edge of water”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This restaurant id unbelievable.
Its quality and service can't be explained.
You will stack in traffic jam toward C_level.
Don't worry! worth it .
We tried -> fish and chips and prawn
The price was not as much as I though.
Our location was near the window with an nonresistable view of city and sea.
Go there and have good time

• Visited August 2013