I had the pleasure of staying here for the past two nights and enjoyed my time so much! Yes- its right by the airport- and you can hear the planes when you are outside.... yes there is construction that starts at 8am and you can hear it sometimes.... but OVERALL- it is a cheap- totally clean- friendly great place to stay in one of the very safest neighborhoods. They shuttled us to the zoo and back and to the amtrak station for free and it was only $79 a night. We had a great time and the sunsets from teh 3rd floor are breathtaking- if you want a 4 star then pay $200+ for a room- if you enjoy a value- stay here- we will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked in the heart of Little Italy, only four blocks from San Diego harbor, the Porto Vista Hotel offers a breezy gateway to everything the city has to offer. Whatever you'd like to do, see, taste, or try is only minutes from this hotel on the edge of Downtown San Diego.The quaint bistros, shops and art galleries of Little Italy are right outside our doors. A two-minute cab or trolley ride gets you to Petco Park and the vibrant Gaslamp nightlife district, Old Town San Diego, the museums of Balboa Park, and Qualcomm Stadium. As a truly unique choice among affordable hotels in San Diego the Porto Vista features impeccable service in a dynamic central location. Shuttle service is provided to nearby locations including Airport, Cruise Terminal, Convention Center, Amtrak, Gaslamp Quarter/Horton Plaza. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Porto Vista Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ascend Collection San Diego
- San Diego Ascend Collection
- San Diego Clarion